Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One screen blank and not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The screen on my nearly 3 yr. old One has been blank for about 6 weeks now, and it won't come back despite doing the suggested fix of plugging it into the computer and holding down the button. I tried calling customer support and got the same advice. Has anyone successfully repaired the display?
For the past 3 days it hasn't been syncing either so I tried the same thing again to no avail. Then I read the post form Evie W. and after holding the button down for a full 20 seconds, it syncs again!! I can live without the display, and as long as it still syncs I can get the rest.
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
I was able to buy a refurbished Fitbit One today and added a one year warrantee for a small fee. So for less than $90 taxes in, I'm back in business. Problem solved!! 👍🏻😁🎉

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion. After reading some of the forum posts, I certainly could have considered adding my original One as a new tracker. The problem is that my display has not been working for about 8 weeks now and without a display to get the tracker's code, this wouldn't have been possible.
I think it was dying a slow death anyway, and no amount of "CPR" was going to resurrect it!! I replaced my One with a refurbished unit yesterday and I'm back in business.
Thanks for trying to help.

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey @Quiltymom, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Woman Very Happy Oh! 6 weeks without working is a loong period. I think I couldn't be that much without tracking my activities. But let's see, you already tried to restart it, and still not working right? and you already contacted Fitbit Support, so could you please tell me what did they tell you? 'cause if your One has around 3 years, obviously the warranty has expired so I think they offer you an alternative option to get you back on track. Let me know what the resolution, or if your One back to life after attempt a few more restarts. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello HeydyFitbit. My Fitbit HAD been working and syncing all along so to clarify for you, I HAVE been able to track activity easily until recently even though I wasn't able to see the display. The display WAS the only thing not working, which I could live with because I could always sync to see where I'm at. The support suggested the usual fix as follows: 1. Plug charging cord into computer and attach the One.
2. Hold down the restart button for 12 seconds to restart.
This did not work. Then I began seeing that my One was not syncing for steps and activity at all, but it was still recording my calories.
I restarted as above but held the restart button for about 20 seconds as suggested by someone on the forum. That worked for only a couple of days, and now I have to continually restart it to get it sync. This is a daily thing or sometimes more than once a day. I feel it should last more than 3 years, but apparently not so??
When I called Fitbit support they did offer me 25% off a new one ordered from the Fitbit site with the exception of the newest models, those being the Charge 2 and the Flex 2. This is no deal to me because by the time you pay shipping, there goes any savings!! Looking at the specs for each tracker, I would choose the Flex 2 because it's the only one that tracks swimming. I often swim 2km either at the gym, or in a small lake. I sometimes use another app to track while hubby kayaks alongside.
I'm planning to investifate another source if I get a new tracker, but first I'll look at them in stores to learn about the options first hand.
If you have any other suggestions in the meanwhile, I'm interested. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to buy a refurbished Fitbit One today and added a one year warrantee for a small fee. So for less than $90 taxes in, I'm back in business. Problem solved!! 👍🏻😁🎉
Best Answer
0 Votes

One of the things Customer Support suggested to me when this happened to me was to add the tracker as a new device to my account. Weirdly, it works now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion. After reading some of the forum posts, I certainly could have considered adding my original One as a new tracker. The problem is that my display has not been working for about 8 weeks now and without a display to get the tracker's code, this wouldn't have been possible.
I think it was dying a slow death anyway, and no amount of "CPR" was going to resurrect it!! I replaced my One with a refurbished unit yesterday and I'm back in business.
Thanks for trying to help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Quiltymom, thanks for getting back! It is really great to hear that you get back on track with a new Fitbit One. Now, regarding the response you received from Fitbit Support, let me tell you that our limited warranty provides replacements for trackers deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase. In this case, because your tracker didn't meet these warranty conditions, they offered you a courtesy discount of 25% good towards the purchase of any tracker. 

@RaineWynd, sounds great that just by setting up your One as a new device, the issue with your Fitbit One was sorted out. By sharing this response, you'll be helping other members in the Community with the same issue. 

Let me know if you have more questions guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try logging on to your PC account and put your dongle in with Fitbit in the power usb.  After doing this, the Fitbit screen “came alive” on my husband’s fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes