Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One syncing but no data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Have been using my Fitbit since Sunday for the first me in about 2 months fully charged it and it was fine. I'm not a person that has blue tooth active on my phone all the time so only went to sync it last night. It synced but it's showing I walked no steps. It's syncing today's fine now but not for the days past. Anyone got a solution? I've reset, re downloaded the app, synced using the dongle and nothing brings up my previous day's steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @bodkal. If you're using your iPhone to track your steps in conjuction with your phone's GPS functionality, steps won't show up and the activity will end up in exercise. So when you look at your activity log, that phone/gps record should show up as a separate entry. I believe that deleting it and forcing a sync should cause the actual steps recorded by your Fitbit One to spring right back. 

If you did not use your iPhone/GPS functionality to track your step, the other possibilities is that you logged a manual activity that overlays your step; or you placed your One in sleep mode and forgot to stop the timer when you woke up in the morning.

Referring to the sync you did this morning, you may also want to use your Web browser to navigate to www.fitbit.com, sign-on to your account, and verify that the time and date stamp shown at the top left of your dashboard page is correct. If not, then it may be that the sync you did was not successful. While you're there, you can examine in detail your activity and sleep logs to see if any of the hints I gave you earlier pan out.

Hope this helps. If not, please come back here. Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
Thank you, I don't use my phone to track steps unless I do exercise which sadly only occurred once. I have deleted that off if that's what you meant? And still no data from Sunday to Thursday.
I don't log any manual data. I had used sleep mode for 3 nights but always turned it off, steps were being logged cause I normally check my steps via the device around lunch time each day to see how I'm going, I just don't sync it all the time I usually did it 2-3 times a day but this week I was so busy I didn't turn blue tooth on till Thursday night to sync and it only put through steps after I synced at bedtime.
Thank you for your suggestions.

My time zone is showing correct I'm in Australia.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, thank you for the update @bodkal. When you use your Web browser to navigate to www.fitbit.com and sign-on to your account, what does your activitly log show for the three days in question where the steps do not show?   When you click on Log-Activities and use the date selector to navigate to the days that are problematic (i.e. the days that showed no steps), and use the Calories tab to view what you burned on those days, do you see a flat line (since no steps were recorded) or do you see a many spikes and a lot of activity?

TW

Best Answer
Yes I see a flat line. I have taken some screen shots not sure how to attach them
Best Answer
0 Votes