Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readings between Blaze and One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have the FitBit Blaze and I recently bought my wife has the FitBit One.  We have noticed the readings between the two are somewhat different, so I was wondering, and also noticed the FitBit One sometimes does not show any active minutes.  So if someone could help explain why, it would be great.  I have a feeling it is due to the Blaze having the HR monitor and therefore the readings are different but was after a little clarification.

I am 5ft 9 and weigh 216 pounds, and my wife is 5ft and 98 pounds.  Our readings for yesterday are:-

Me (using Blaze)

3989 cals

92 active minutes

My Wife (using One)

1677 Cals

22 active minutes

I am trying to figure out why there is such a big difference in Active minutes and calories burned.  We visited London for the day yesterday and walked around about 12km (about 7 and a half miles), we walked at the same pace, we both did almost the exact same steps and distance and floors.  I am thinking it is to do with weight and heart rate, but would like a possible solution.

Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @SunsetRunner, your Blaze will award active minutes when it detects that you are burning calories at 3 times or more your BMR rate (BMR calorie burn is the calories you burn just by staying alive and running all your bodily processes).  The Blaze uses your HR to detect your calorie burn, so it obviously detected an elevated HR sufficient to award those active minutes.

The One, on the other hand, has no HR mechanism.  The only way it can estimate whether you are burning at 3 times your BMR rate is by your pace -- i.e. how fast you are accumulating steps.  It will only award active minutes if it detects a brisk walk -- strolling gently won't be enough, even if you stroll all day long.

I hope this makes sense.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

As well as what @Julia_G said. Men burn a lot more calories than women do. Metabolism's are different.

I wish I could burn as many calories as my husband does Smiley Wink

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another difference is wrist based step count vs waist based step count. The fitbit One will be more accurate for steps. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes