Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Fitbit icon from MAC OS X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I remove the Fitbit icon from the MAC OS X menu bar? I tried to hold down command key and drag the icon outside the menu bar. This does not work.

Thanks,

MAC OS X user

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @MAC-OSX-Fibit. To remove an icon from the Status Menu Bar, holding down the Command key and draging the icon out of the menu status bar will work, but only if Fitbit is not active, I think! Don't want to try it because I like the icon there, so I don't want to mess things up. Why do you want to get rid of it?

Any way, I think if you sign off your account and unplug the dongle, the Fitbit icon will slide right out.

Cheers!

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as it will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MAC-OSX-Fibit If you tap on the icon, you will see a dialog box under it.  Choose Preferences and you will see this dialog box

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 2.53.24 PM.png

I think you just need to un-check the box.  My Menu bar isn't very cluttered, so I don't mind having it.  I haven't tried this (I usually do), because I don't know how to get it back if I do make it disappear!

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
It turned out I had to download an uninstall app for Fitbit. Once that was done the icon got removed.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Jette
Best Answer

Where did you find the unistall app to take fitbit off your Mac?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to our Community @shvanzee.  To uninstall the Fitbit client on your Mac do the following:

1. Open your downloads folder. To find this, search in the Spotlight (top-right corner) and enter "Downloads". 
2. Open the folder that appears and double click on the Fitbit Connect file.
3. In the next window, find the Uninstall command and click "Open". Type in your Mac admin password (note that the text you type will not be visible) and hit enter.

Let me know if it works, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I have deleted Fitbit One from my applications because I no longer use it I have a new Fitbit Charge 2. I want to install the new software but I still have the old Fitbit One menu bar icon and want to remove it. When I deleted the Fitbit One app it did not remove the menu bar icon. How do I remove it? Neither Command drag not Command Click drag do not work.

Thanks in advance for your help--W.

Best Answer

Hello @Wowser, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering if you are using your Mac computer?

Note that if you are on your computer is just matter to pair your new Charge 2 without the need of installing any additional software. Perhaps the following post is of your help, take a look here and give it a try.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
you have misread my question.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Wowser, I'm sorry about misreading your question. In order to be in the same page, I would like to request more details. Since I'm a bit confuse due to the fact that in order to sync your tracker only one software is available, independently from the tracker you are using. Sharing some screenshots will allow me to have a close look to the issue you are experiencing.

To know more about uploading screenshots to the Community use the instructions from this post.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best Answer

Once the Fitbit app is started on the Mac, the only way to stop it (and thereby remove the icon from the Menu Bar) that I have found is to open Activity Monitor, search for Fitbit, then Quit it by selecting it and clicking Quit. AFAICT, Fitbit did not include a way of quitting the app from the app itself.

The app can be restarted by double-clicking it in the Finder Applications window, or by searching for it with Spotlight (Command+spacebar and start to type Fitbit), then hit return.

Best Answer

thank you! Quitting via the Activity Monitor worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Phoenixr1zn Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to research the Fitbit Community to find this thread and the solution that helped you out with this. 

I'm glad you found the Community to be a helpful place. I'm sure the solution on this thread will help other users too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue, but if you open your Activity Manager (located in Mac Launchpad, usually under "Other" folder), find the Fitbit Connect listing and quit the application (stop sign/x looking icon in the top left-hand corner).

Hope this works for you as it did me!

Best Answer

@MaryEM Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thank you very much for your participation on this thread and for sharing the workaround that helped you resolve this. 

I'm sure a lot of users will find this useful. Thanks again for your contribution to the Fitbit forums.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, it worked for me too!

Best Answer

This worked!!! It's the only thing that worked for me. Thank you very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

LZeeW, I think he was talking about his Mac.  You wrote "tap", making me think you're talking about a phone app.  Unless of course he has a touch screen, which I do not.  And I can't remove this **ahem** icon no matter what I try.  Ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@coffee-drinker   I know that user was talking about his Mac.  They wrote Mac OS, the operating system for desktops and laptops.  Phone and tablets use iOS.  This post is very old, ancient when it comes to providing help for this particular issue.  You should search Apple Support or another site for help removing a Menu Bar icon on your Mac.

I got tired of typing tap/click in my responses.  As a track pad user, I tap.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes