Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

I am going to try the Garmin Vivo2. You can get a clip holder 

Best Answer

Thanks Coach.  I'm going to explore these suggestions.  I walk my big, energetic dog 8 - 10 miles a day as my major form of exercise and find the pocket type device meets my needs best.  We also hike a lot and I like to keep track of my altitude gains while hiking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CoachSpleen wrote:

I am going to try the Garmin Viva 2. You can get a clip holder which i prefer for tennis. 

@Millerliter wrote:

Coach I have been researching and the Ozeri 3x4 Tri Mode Activity Tracker can be clipped onto waistband, etc or carried in pocket.  It tracks steps, distance, stairs climbed.  The only drawback that I can see is user must replace battery.  $24.95 on Amazon.   Have you found other alternatives worth considering?  I am extremely disappointed in Fitbit.  My first Fitbit in 2011 was the Ultra, the only model  Fitbit offered at the time.  I switched to the One when it was introduced.  Fitbit is now abandoning their loyal initial customer base in pursuit of the almighty dollar.    I wonder if the folks buying the new offerings (eg Iconic) are aware they may be left in the dust at some point when their preferred device is no longer laying golden eggs?  

I bought a refurbished one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad I came across this, I assumed it was just old.  Today is the first day in the many years I've had it (3-4) that I'm not wearing it as it is at home charging.  I look forward to a positive solution soon.

Best Answer

The lack of recent engagement and copy-paste replies for assistance from Fitbit is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. I guess they are too busy promoting the Icon to be concerned fixing an issue for the lesser beings who only paid $100 for an activity tracker. 

Best Answer

I am also having a problem with my ONE not holding a charge for more than a few short days, certainly not what it has been for the prior months.  Will we be advised of a fix when one is forthcoming?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

My FitBit One started having problems as soon as the iOS update to Version 2.39 occurred on 8/10/2017 while I was in Austria. It continues to drop battery power over 48 hours - can't make it past two days without recharging. I have turned off All-Day Sync to see what happens. But, the problems definitely started after the 2.39 update was applied!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It certainly appears Fitbit is abandoning the One customers as they discontinue the One.   I wish there was a way to warn the potential buyers of the "new improved" offerings of Fitbit's "too bad for you" approach to Customer Service as their devices will eventually lose favor.  It seems there should be room for us all.   Oh well, researching for an alternative to my beloved One and moving on.

Best Answer

I have noticed that my charge isn't lasting as long.  I last charged on Saturday and with today being Tuesday, I am getting the message to charge again.  The charge used to last 10-12 days.  After reading all replies, it appears that the One is being discontinued. I have no desire to wear a wrist type unit.  I tried all the tricks suggested:  turning off all-day sync and also restarting device x3.  Will wait and see if this helps. 

If issue not fixed, I guess I look elsewhere. 

Update--after trying all the tricks-my FitBit one no longer syncs with the app on the iPad or iPhone.  All it does is search and search for the device.  I have tried to get it to sync  using different networks but no device is s ever found.  Tracker now appears to be virtually useless as it will not sync with the app on my iPad or iPhone.  

I justgot got off an online chat with the 3rd rep/agent during the same chat.  The other two--I have no idea what happened to them.  Anyway, after doing all the trouble shooting recommended by the 3rd agent I was offered a replacement device.  After doing the restart 3 times yesterday as suggested by one of the moderators, the device couldn't be found by the app on my iPad or iPhone.  Per the suggestion of the agent, I even tried adding the device again to my account but it never found the device.  Something happened during the restart that killed the device from being found by the apps.  Oh well, new device coming.  They offered 2 choices:  50% off a new device or a replacement of my current device.  I chose replacement of my One as I don't like wrist units.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues as everyone else regarding Fitbit One and battery not holding a charge since software update.  Please fix this issue asap!  

Best Answer

I tried all the tips to preserve battery but Fitbit still won't hold charge more than 3 to 4 days. Any idea how much longer till fix? 

Best Answer

Hi, I had a different response as follows:-

"We appreciate your feedback and for being a loyal Fitbit customer. We're here to make sure that we find a solution for your One's battery short life issue.

We did receive some reports about this, however this is not an expected issue. There's a lot of factors that can cause a short battery life.

Looking into our system, we saw that your tracker last synced on the 29th of August at 9:37 P.M. with 405 steps and your battery still had few instances that it lasted for 4 days. Therefore, we recommend that you do a battery test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. These steps will allow us to see the movements of the battery and take the best action to help you with this issue.

Here are the steps:​
Disable the features that can impact battery life as described on Can I improve my tracker's battery life?
Fully charge your tracker.
Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day.
Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted, sync then get back to us."

Not happy!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I always fully charge - even left 4 hours on Saturday night and made sure all connects clean. This morning (Wednesday) it's down to less than 1/4 charge that's only 3 days. I'm seriously not happy.
Best Answer

That's what they told me the first time and it didn't work 

Best Answer

Erick, do you have any updates about this situation?  It's a continuing issue and the customer support team (Phone center) does not seem to know about this issue nor are they helpful at all. 

Best Answer
I have contacted Fitbit
They are sending me a new. One .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
But once you sync you will have the same issue. It in the programming.

Sent from Laura's iPhone
Best Answer

I am also having this problem too - please let us know what is going to happen? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my Fitbit One.  It's been 6 days since you posted.  Do you have an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has kept a charge since Sunday. I had to restart it 13 times before it finally updated to the right day and time. I restarted my iPhone twice and it
finally synched with the app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes