Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

Can anyone advise if this has been found to be a software problem and has it been corrected?  I have a FitBit One that is one year old and the battery is suddenly holding a charge for only about a day or two.  For the past year it has been a good 7-10 days before needing a charge and another One I owned in the past was good for 7-10 days before changing for 5 years or more.  Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can import the Fitbit data, not sure if Garmin has on sort of badge stuff though

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have been having trouble with my Fitbit one keeping charge, having to charge every other day. Any updates on fixing problems. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been limping along with all day sync turned off. I have at least been getting 7-9 days between charges with all day sync off. A couple times with version 2.40 my iPad would stop syncing (it could not find my tracker) but I learned if I synced with my iPhone it would “find” my tracker again on my iPad. Today, that is no longer working, since I updated to 2.41. My tracker shows an empty battery icon, but my phone after syncing shows yellow, for the last three days. I can still cycle through all the screens on the display of my tracker. Hey app developers, you have lots of data from frustrated users. How about making it better, not worse? I will not buy another Fitbit product. Not sure I can find a suitable replacement. RRRRRRR!

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Ok, from 1 September my charge lasted until 10 September, a relatively normal (for me) cycle. I updated my iPad and iPhone to iOS 11, and 2.40 Fitbit. I tried the all day sync again but I went from green to yellow in a day, so I turned it back off, and reset my Fitbit. Since then, I have been getting about 4 days of green and about 8 or 9 days from charge to flatline. I would prefer to get the red notification but at least I can function. I don’t like any alternative tracker I have looked at. I want the clip on style but I also want sleep tracking as well as distance and stairs. I haven’t found a model or type device that does all and isn’t a wristband style. Color me a frustrated user. I had an ultra prior to getting the One. If I hadn’t lost the ultra I would still be using it...or maybe not since these folks seem to abandon older models.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Friday morning 1 September my battery went red line. I charged it, and this time the battery icon on the Fitbit screen showed FULL, which it had not done since the app update. It is still showing green as of Saturday night (before, it showed yellow by now). I have the all day sync OFF (and I miss the notice that the battery is LOW). I have been syncing 4 or 5 times a day. This band aid seems to work, just not really well. I have not found a new tracker that does everything I want. I hope the support staff do figure out a real fix.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I read thru the thread, tried turning off the "Sync all day" button, and reset three times. When I reset, the battery showed about 3/4 full even though I had just charged it.. It went to yellow (1/2 charged). It has been yellow for 4 days now. It might be normal, I will only know once I have to recharge it. Will update when I do. I have had my One for 4+ years, it replaced my Ultra. I will not buy a wrist type tracker. Most of them do not track sleep, a big reason why I got FitBit in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smurfete09 wrote:

My Fitbit one is 4 years old. Before last week when I charged it, the charge would last for over a week. Now I'm getting maybe 2 days out of a charge. 😞 Have I done something wrong? Is it just getting old? I don't really have the money to replace it at this time, and I'm hoping there might be something I can try to fix the issue. 

Same thing here. I even bought a new one because my old one wouldn't hold the charge more than a couple of days. New one is exactly the same. Lucky to get 3 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They haven't fixed anything. And as of the most recent ios update (2.41), now nothing is recording on mine. No steps, no stairs, no minutes active. I'm done with Fitbit. Deleted the app & threw the device in a drawer. Will never recommend them to anyone again. A shame, because it used to be superior to any other device. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

And here I thought my Fitbit was just being weird. I was going almost 2 weeks between charges and now I'm getting 3 days. Pathetic. Turns out it's an epidemic that's not being dealt with. I'm going to un-pair it from my phone and sync only to the computer and see if that helps. If this isn't resolved, this will be my last Fitbit. Sad, because I've loved it for 2+ years.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been using Fit bit for years, but if they don’t fix this, I’m done!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got 8 days out of my last charge, last Tuesday until this evening.  This was with last weeks update one my One, all day sync off and one daily alarm vibrator.  I just updated to the newest release and turn all day sync back on and one daily alarm.   Let’s see how long this one lasts.

Previously my One was dying daily. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I first noticed a sync issue then the battery. It ticked me off thinking Fit bit was the sole issue but after talking to my son in the IT field realized it could be an update from my phone that complicates the issue or even created it. 

I caved and got a Garmin, I will be returning it as it doesn't track stuff like Fit bit.

Got a ALTA HR last night at Walmart  may have been cheaper to do thru Fit bit with the 25% discount they offered but have 30 days to return at Walmart.

Battery is still full on it after 12 hours. Old fit bit one which was charged overnight is totally drained...............

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was having the same issues, especially the immediate battery drain. So, as I have mentioned before, I deleted the Fitbit app from my iPad and turned off the all day sync on my iPhone's Fitbit app.

After doing that my One went almost 8 days before the battery indicator turned from green to yellow. It is now 9 days and the indicator is still yellow. This is approaching the duration I got before the problems started. I am going to let the battery drain completely to see just how much time I get from a charge. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Haven't heard anything on this since 8/24 - what's the status? why is my Fitbit One not holding a charge for longer than a couple days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggest you read some of these responses.  They tell you about an interim, but not perfect, "fix".

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all 'the tricks' suggested.   Hmmm.  Right now I hate my Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I updated to the 2.41 version of the Fitbit app for iPhone on 10/3 and turned off all day sync and my One appears to be holding a charge more like normal now. I charged overnight last night and it has held full charge all day long. I will update as more data becomes available. They are working on this and my customer service experinces with Fitbit have always been excellent. I had my previous One for five years or more and had great performance. I am confident Fitbit will correct this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I agree; customer service has ALWAYS been great with Fitbit so I am hoping
this new update is the answer!!! I noticed my auto update too. Fingers
crossed.
Best Answer

I had also noticed the issue and opened a ticket.

Very swift answer that bwas initially at commercial level (proposed 20-25% discount on purchase of new devices) and later compliant to normal ITIL procedures for a helpdesk: ie confirmation of the pêning of a "problem" for the reported issue to their engineers.

Lert's now hope they will get the budget/priority to work on a fix as I noticed - and am soooo disappointed - that meanwhile the One device has been removed from their portfolio. So it will be mostly repositionned in "corrective maintenance" mode with reduced capacity. But this clearly deserves a corrective action!

My observation is that the "background sync" of the One is now kind of "stucked" and blocking the bluetooth connection:

- this drains the battery has the blutooth connection is permanently opened

- this prevents the One sync with any other devices as the bluetooth connection is dedicated to the buggy IOS app 

The workaround is to desactivate the background connection (but this is barely acceptable as the feature was perfectly working in the past until August 2017). If your One blutooth connection is stucked, you have to figure out which IOS device is "blocking it" and force a manual synchronisation on that device, then kill the FitBit app. From that time, you can sync again from any other device.

Let's wait and see for the fix now. 

Don't hesitate to open ticket to fitbit support as I did as the priority on the fix of the problem by the engineers will be put on the issues most frequentely reported.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're late to the party. Last time I checked, about two weeks ago, the Fitbit Community Forum had 19 pages of the same complaint. We've all contacted tech support and all received the same response. And we are all outraged at the lack of a decent action on their part. I have noticed that turning off the all-day sync does help. And I've updated the app. But the "we'll let you know on a priority basis once we've fixed it" has yet to be posted or emailed.
Best Answer

I'm trying to find the all day referesh on my Iphone 7 and cant seem to find it.  I tried everything and my battery is draining fast.  I'm afraid it will eventually die and then I really have to rethink what I will use to track.  I would pay the $100 for a new One but I can't find it and heard it was discontinued.  I don't want a wristband and the cheap fitbit is not an option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try this?

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon () > your device image. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Best Answer