Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought my Alta flex in February and I loved the fact that when I went to line chart and touched a line it would tell me what time I was either awake, restless, or asleep, then I could touch the next line and see what time came next, so could see from what time to what time I was awake, asleep, or restless, it does not do that anymore, why not????, if it is due to an update I wish you could put that feature back as I relied on that to help minute my actual sleep time length with my physician

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Welcome to the forums!

It was an update and it will not be changing back. There is a lot more info now though. So check it out further

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. The sleep tracking change was not needed and is unacceptable.  It does not give me more information, but less, and now I have to log in to access it even though I am already logged into the site. I have had my Fitbit One for four years and have been quite satisfied with it, except when they changed the way all data was recorded a few years ago.  At least, at that time they restored the old format and worked on improving the 'new' one.  

Professional software developers run beta tests to work out the kinks in their programs; they do not just put flawed software out there for all users without any warning.

Best Answer

The shame of not telling your customers what you've done results in countless hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my app.

That's what happened to my wife and I. No explanation no list of issues that were changed. Just two people trying to figure out why we could not find the times that we were awake in the graph as we used to.

Puzzled to say the least.

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

It was an update and it will not be changing back. There is a lot more info now though. So check it out further

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!

Well, if fitbit is going to make a change that No One likes, I would think that they would certainly considering changing back to old format and just tweak it to add the extra benefits. That is the problem with fitbit, when they change the software with no hint of what  is gong on, they generally make it worse for the majority of the people. Why would they take away an important part of the sleep tracker that showed with the red and blue graph lines the times you were asleep, restless and awake. This sleep tracker was the main reason I paid so much for a fit bit, instead of a typical inexpensive pedometer. I can get my step, calories burned, and even aerobic activity steps and burned calories with an in expensive Omron Pedometer. But it did not have sleep. It also ran reports with very detailed info, showing reports for whatever length of time for steps, blood glucose readings, blood pressure under vitals. When I saw how fitbit helped with the sleep tracker which many have sleep issues, but a doc can't tell without the information. I would screen copy or print out the screen to take to him. He said he was impressed by the detail of breaking it down the way it was (red and blue etc for restless, awake and sleep and for how long and  during what times of the night.) Now my fit bit pretty much useless to me. And to say that "it's just not coming back" even if the customers of fitbit are asking for the older version to be brought back in its format and just add the other components obviously someone else wanted, seems a bit harsh and not caring what a lot of the customers who paid good money for something fitbit sold to the public would do certain things, to me is unacceptable. Those who bought it for specific features that Fitbit was using a selling points should just get a refund no matter how long they've had it if it does not do what was advertised it would help people with that no other track could. And basically we are being told it doesn't matter what we think, because it will never work the way it did for the reason we bought it. Just my opinion. But I know I feel like I've been disappointed over and over again with updates that take away the very reason I and others spent our money on a fitbit.

Best Answer

@Tiger56 wrote:

I agree. The sleep tracking change was not needed and is unacceptable.  It does not give me more information, but less, and now I have to log in to access it even though I am already logged into the site. I have had my Fitbit One for four years and have been quite satisfied with it, except when they changed the way all data was recorded a few years ago.  At least, at that time they restored the old format and worked on improving the 'new' one.  

Professional software developers run beta tests to work out the kinks in their programs; they do not just put flawed software out there for all users without any warning.

I totally and completely agree with your assessment. I feel I've wasted my time and money on something a company said their product could do that "no other company  has"... Well, they keep taking away those things now that their products have been purchased. In the case however it looks as if the Professional (used lightly) software developers did just that, put a flawed product out, and we're being told it will not go back to the one everyone here and several other parts of the site, are asking .... "what the heck did you do with our sleep tracker, it is useless the way it is now." The programmers an manufacturers of this product who have built a reputation on their innovations and how it does so many things others don't do, are no longer doing those things that make fitbit a selling point. So disappointed. I know a few of my friends are just fed up and are not writing in to voice their opinions. They are just going out and purchasing other products that work well and do the job they thought Fitbit would do, and at a less expensive price.

Best Answer

I'd like somebody from Fitbit to add in a little more to this subject.

And not just respond with that's too bad for you, it is what it is, the update stays.

I could not agree more with the people responding. At least make it a preference so that the people who want it can have it and the people who don't will not need to see it.

Best Answer

@Rwaters wrote:

The shame of not telling your customers what you've done results in countless hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my app.

That's what happened to my wife and I. No explanation no list of issues that were changed. Just two people trying to figure out why we could not find the times that we were awake in the graph as we used to.

Puzzled to say the least.

I totally agree.... fitbit needs to reevaluate this change and bring back the version they had and "add" the features they "think" is better, which in most people posting is "not better" but just taking away  features everyone knew, liked and gave the info they needed... More people need to speak out, instead of just going out to purchase a different brand that gives them what they want, ever if it's not exactly the same. FitBit.... don't make promises you can't keep and Keep the promises and features you offered. Then if you want to make something better, just "add" the extra and leave the rest along. A longtime customer, that would like to stay that way.

Best Answer

No, there is not a lot more sleep information available now. I am finding fitbit to be a lot like iTunes, making changes just to make a change, not to BETTER the user.

Best Answer

Agrees, I need to know exactly what time I woke up and how long I was awake for use with my sleep cognitive behavior therapy program. Now there is just the bands of color but no time to reference it. Why would fitbit take away this valuable information? SMH. 

Best Answer

We need more folks to voice their opinion on this. I'm certain there is an overwhelming percentage of people that would like the option to see our numbers back on the graph.

Let's keep pushing back on this!

Rick

Best Answer

I hate the new and "improved" sleep tracking! As many others have said, the sleep tracker was the main reason that I purchased the Fitbit One three years ago. I loved the ability to see the percentage of sleep that I'd gotten each night, as well as the times I was awake or restless in the night. This new sleep tracking is useless. All those lines in the middle are just gibberish, as they don't tell me what times they correspond to. Taking out the percentage really makes me mad as well. Fitbit needs to fix that asap!

Best Answer

I recommend you post this in Alta or flex section, not one

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why? It affects the one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

True, I am sorry that I did not fully understand the question the first time

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is un update that Fitbit did

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what they said when I emailed to complain about it - a BS non-answer:

"Thank you very much for getting back to us. We’d be glad to address your issue about not being able to see the times that restlessness or waking happens during the night. Here at Fitbit, providing you with the best customer service and experience is our daily goal.

Since we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, the sleep log has been changed. However, we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. Our product development teams are always working really hard to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want.

Let us know if anything comes up and you need assistance. We'll be helping you right away. Remember we're here for you.
Sincerely,

Ivan RM and the Fitbit Team"

Best Answer

Is that a good thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, these guys should be politicians! "Thanks for the email about us destroying one of the best things about our product, we'll be glad to ignore you and keep doing whatever the hell we want. In the meantime, be sure and buy more of our products and tell all your friends how great we are!"

Uh, yeah, right.

Well, I hope they get a butt-ton of complaints and decide to put it back the way it was.

Best Answer

Here is the response I received:

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes results in existing products changing.

We do apologize for the frustration you've gone through and we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to make sure this product is aligned with your interests.

The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features), which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Sincerely,
Tristam O. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes