Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep not being tracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I've been using the Fitbit One for a few weeks. The sleep function that allows me to see the exact time I was awake and restless during the night stopped has stopped working. I have tried tapping on all areas of the screen to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@Kazar12 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Are you still experiencing this issue with sleep tracking? How are you tracking your sleep with your One?

I recommend performing a restart on your One. Do it a couple of times for it to be effective. 

Also, for the lost sleep logs; you can manually add them to bot loose them by doing the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap the sleep tile.
  • Tap the "+" sign at the top right corner.
  • Add the lost sleep log.

That should certainly help you out with this. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told that the real time function has been taken off the Fitbit One. Therefore it's not an issue that can be resolved.
Best Answer

@Kazar12,

Welcome to the community!

The Fitbit One has not changed for quite some time (years, I believe).  It can do sleep tracking, but you need to either press/hold the button to enter sleep mode or manually log it later.  You'll need to be a little more specific about what you believe has changed.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is when loading the sleep graph in the Fitbit App.
Until last week, I was able to hover over the awake/restless/asleep bars and a speech bubble with the exact time each of these occured would pop up. Last Wednesday this feature"stopped working".
Fitbit customer services claim that this feature was dropped during a recent update.
Best Answer

We all have lost the function.

fitbit appears to be hobbling our Ones. Too bad, it was a reliable tracker. It still works but fitbit has chosen to remove the function so many of us rely upon. 

Make noise about this. Not here. Go to support and contact the company directly to voice your disappointment. If enough of us do this perhaps they will revert to the old software. 

Our fitbit Ones still work for us, it is the fitbit company that is no longer working for us. 

Best Answer
Thanks for that. I thought I was going mad. No-one else on the forums seemed to have noticed or understood what I was talking about.
To be fair to the company's customer service rep, he gave me a link to their suggestions forum and encouraged me to log it ( which I did).
The problem I find, is that after doing loads of research, deciding which model suits my needs and budget, I'm in danger of getting sucked into the hype. I'm already considering upgrading to the new Alta because if the heart rate function or Surge ( REM sleep etc).
I must stand firm!
Best Answer

@Kazar12,

I didn't really use that feature in the Fitbit App, so I didn't really notice if it had changed.

That said, I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the Fitbit One per se.  I have other trackers and I still don't see the behavior that you describe.

I think they just changed the way that the Fitbit App behaves since they're adding sleep stages support.  While I believe that the One will not be getting sleep stages.  It's not that they're taking features away from the One; they're adding features to some of the other trackers.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be careful about getting sucked in. I have had my one for a number of years and have tried both an Alta and a Charge and returned both because the accuracy of the step count when using a treadmill is AWFUL. I am on a couple of forums that have offered a number of work arounds (like putting it in your pocket or at your ankle), but I don't want a wrist tracker that I can't wear on my wrist AND have it count my steps.

I'm disappointed about the sleep change, but will log my concern and hope to get it back. Hopefully they aren't phasing this one out because I have found it to be the most reliable and if it goes I may go with it.

Best Answer

Pure Evil: On the web from our dashboard we could click on 'See More' under the sleep tile and receive the sleep quality percentage. That's gone. In the same place we also could see at what time we were restless or awake and compare that to external events. That's also gone. 

Sleep percentage was a quick number I'd use. Knowing I got 8 hours of sleep is not useful if I was in bed for 11 hours (as I was last night so that's why I noted the percentage was gone first thing this morning). That number is another indication of how well or effectively I'm sleeping.

Best Answer

Since this is a web dashboard issue, it is covered in depth in this forum:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/bd-p/website

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold down on the button for about 5 seconds will start the sleep, and holding it again down for arround 5 seconds to turn it off

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not the sleep function that isn't working or me not being able to access it.
It's the "real time" function that has disappeared when you hover over the bar graph.
It's no longer there. Gone. Kaput.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PureEvil

Your statement " It's not that they're taking features away from the One; they're adding features to some of the other trackers." is incorrect.

Users with less expensive, older trackers (One, Flex, Alta)  have lost much of the sleep data on which they depended. The sleep presentation tile on the dashboard has been dumbed down to a bar graph with very little usable information in the March release. Despite hundreds, probably over a thousand posts from irate customers (many have been deleted) requesting/demanding that the functionality be returned fitbit has totally ignored their user base. 

This is shabby treatment who have been longtime fitbit customers!

Best Answer

There was recently un update that removed that. There are many forum complaining about it, so I suggest that if you want it back, join them.

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes