Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Master and Elliptical‎ Machine

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Fitbit one.

and it wont track the stairs on a stair master and steps on the elliptical‎ machine.  which one of the fitbit trackers will track these?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I think it would count some steps on the Elliptical but it wont be accurate.

As for stairs on the stair master you need to go up an elevation of 10 feet to get a floor. Stair master you do not. So it will not count any stairs.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

good to see you around in our Community @hexane. Note that when you use your tracker on a stairmaster, @WendyB is correct, essentially because your tracker will read the altitude changes when you are climbing stairs. With a machine is only the motion pattern you are doing, but your altitude is not changing so your tracker cannot read floors.

My recommendation for your elliptical exercise, is to use a manual activity to improve the accuracy of this activity's contribution to your caloric burn. You can find the steps on this other post I shared, just in case you need them. Other alternative is to press and hold for a few seconds the button of your One to start the exercise mode. Once you have finished repeat the process and when you synced you will have an activity record directly from your tracker.

Hope this helps and catch ya later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes