Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Changing Time Zones

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I travel all the time and want my fitbit to stay on Pacific Time (even though I live on the east coast - I don't use it as a watch and due to my schedule, it counts my daily activity better if it's 3 hours behind).  This was never a problem until the last week - my fitbit was always set to Pacific time like I wanted. Now, it is randomly updating to East Coast time and I keep having to switch it back.

I'm only syncing through my iPhone.

Is there a way to keep the fitbit permanently on Pacific Time instead of changing to whatever my current time zone is. This is so frustrating that I'm ready to throw the thing away.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@golbeck Welcome to the Fitbit Community! If it is changing the time zone on its own is probably because the "set up automatically" option is on. Try the following:

• Log in to the Fitbit app and go to "account" and then to "advanced settings".
  • Turn off the "set up automatically" option for the time zone and change it to Pacific, then sync to make the changes effective.

Make sure that option is off on the app and you shouldn't have any trouble with this anymore!

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@golbeck Welcome to the Fitbit Community! If it is changing the time zone on its own is probably because the "set up automatically" option is on. Try the following:

• Log in to the Fitbit app and go to "account" and then to "advanced settings".
  • Turn off the "set up automatically" option for the time zone and change it to Pacific, then sync to make the changes effective.

Make sure that option is off on the app and you shouldn't have any trouble with this anymore!

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thank you so much! I was searching for that option last night for hours and
couldn't find it. I appreciate the help!
Best Answer

@golbeck You are very welcome! I'm glad my suggestions helped you out. Hopefully, they will help other users as well!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer