Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync proximity to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed at the end of the day that the Fitbit One was not on my waistband.  I got over 6,000 steps, according to my phone, so I know it was on today' skirt, and ow it isn't.  I was thinking it might have been snagged by my seat belt (I did a lot of driving today) but then at 11;00 pm, it synced with the phone.  Does that mean it's here the motel room somewhere, close to the phone?  Or would it sync to my account if it was lost in Walmart and is communicating with any device that has a fitbit appon it?  I'm praying it's in the room and I'll be able to find it.  I've checked the skirt waistband 3 or 4 times, like, did I just miss it?  But nope, it's not there.  So frustrated . . . .

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums @DorothyERamsey

Range is about twenty feet, so if it's syncing, it's close by.

Read this article on what to do when you've lost your device - click

Your One could only sync if it's within range of a dongle attached to a computer, so it might not be at Walmart.

Let us know  what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Does the computer have to be plugged in? I”m on the little Surface Pro in the motel, but the “workhorse” laptop with multiple USB ports (including the one with the dongle) is in the car for the trip. Or is it syncing through the phone? I have the phone app . . . . . And would that mean it’s within 20 feet of the phone, which is in the motel room with me? I have to think it’s in the room somewhere . . . . .

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you SO MUCH!!  Your reply made me confident it had to be close, so I started looking/sweeping my hands over every surface.  The one's holster is maroon/brown in color, and the bedspreads in this hotel are a brown/maroon pattern.  I swept my hands over the bedspread and found it!!!  Thank you very much - Ihad been averaging 2000 or steps a day, and on vacation for the last 8 days I've been averaging over 6500 steps, and was SOOOOO distressed to think I'd lost it somewhere.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Way to go @DorothyERamsey

Amazing how we miss our Fitbits when we can't touch them.

Now you can get some rest and tomorrow, you can get back to stepping.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer