Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for a new One?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my FitBit One for Christmas 2012 and have worn it 24/7 since then.  I Love My FB One! and have never had any major issues with it.  Only once did I have issues with it not syncing correctly and it turned out to be my laptop and not my FitBit. 

Recently, I'm having to charge more often.  I used to be able to go almost 2 weeks between charges but now I'm having to charge about every 4 days.  I'm also starting to have a few minor issues with syncing.

Is my FitBit old enough that I may need a new One?  What is the life expectancy of a FB One? 

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30
I have not yet tried the restart option. I have however, ordered a new
ONE. I don't plan to use it until my existing ONE totally poops out on
me. The thought of going without a FB brings on a bit of anxiety so I felt
I had to order ASAP!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that's good @DeeAnn3 that you have a new One coming. But I would definitely try to restart the old guy, two or three times if need be, until you get to see 'Fitbit 6.60' on your One's display. A restart will not affect any of the data already sync'd of any of your unsynced data within the last seven days. So please go ahead and try it and let us know how it goes. Cheers!

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received my One last year, and truly love it, especially since I could go at least two weeks before charging it. Now my battery don't even last one full day, which is frustrating because I'm losing calculated steps which helps lower my insurance if I meet my goals! Is it common for the battery to be completely drained? Even when I charge it the display only shows a colored in fuzzy battery. I'm going to be highly upset if I have to buy another Fitbit after one year!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would first try resetting it. If that doesn't help then I suggest
getting in contact (emailing) customer support. They are quick to respond
to emails and are very helpful!
Best Answer

Resetting made a big difference in battery life for my 3-year-old One -- I'd definitely suggest trying that first!

Best Answer
I reset mine and it seems to be better. It immediately went from full to
3/4 full when I did so I charged until it was full. That was Tuesday and
it's showing 1/2 full right now. I'd definitely suggest reseting it before
giving up.
Best Answer

Greetings! I began using my Fitbit One in January of 2013. That means it's almost five years old. Four days ago, it stopped holding a charge for more than 30 hours. I reset it, to no avail. Are there any other solutions you would suggest? I see the One is no longer available to purchase sooooo, maybe Alta HR???

FYI, I love love LOVE the Fitbit product and how it helps me manage all of those elements necessary to encourage healthy, active living!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually purchased a new One in September on Amazon, so they are out
there. Fitbit had them on their site, too, or did. They had been out of
stock for awhile and might be again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the input! Looks like they are out there, but they are phasing out. I don't see the model on their site. Is that what you've seen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheapest one on Amazon is over $200 and they're not available in Fitbit's store, so I think they are definitely no longer being produced. Time to choose a new model, I guess. I bought a new One in May of last year and I hope it holds up...!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Such a great model - I hope it holds up, too. Four+ years seems pretty good for a $99 item. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes