Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Same problems as others. Unable to sync since Sunday. Tried all the online suggestions to no avail. Please help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I have the same problem and have tried trouble shooting based on the forums. 

I have been emailing with customer service but each time I got a new customer service rep who seemed not to have read any of my emails so it has been incredibly frustrating.

My fitbit quit working on Friday so I wonder if they rolled out some update that didn't work or if they just don't want to support older generations of fitbits.

Here is my last email  to customer service elaborating everything I have tried so far. Perhaps they will be more responsive if it is in a public forum.

Dear Fitbit Customer Service,

This is my 5th email to you since July 22. Each time I get  and email from a new customer service rep who seems to have no notes on my case and not to have read any of the prior emails.

In response to your last email and all the others:

1) Yes, my latop is compatible. It synced and worked fine until July 22nd.

2) I have an internet connection that is how I knew the issue was with my fitbit and that was the source of my initial query.  I had an internet connection but the fitbit would not sync However, I have restarted my router just to double check.

3) I went through all the online forums and tried to troubleshoot it myself twice. All I have seen is that others have this problem and don't seem to have gotten real solutions from fitbit

4) Why yes, I have tried uninstalling reinstalling the fitbit app on my computer - twice

5) Yes, I have restarted my computer multiple times

6) Yes, I have restarted my fitbit

7) After I did all this my app was able to recognize my fitbit one, but not to sync

😎 When I try to sync I am told it is "looking for tracker"

9) I know my computer registers the dongle since it makes a sound when I insert it. I have also tried in several different ports.

9) yes, I sent a screenshot of this error to one of your colleagues

10) I live in the united states (since one of your colleagues asked me that)

11) Yes, I have managed to use my husband's computer to sync my fitbit so I don't lose all my data at some point - no that does not mean the problem is fixed.

12) One of your colleagues said he was investigating whether my fitbit was under warranty and never got back to me

13) I have offered to set up a time for a call none of your colleagues responded to that question.

Please do not tell me you think my problem must be fixed or ask me to uninstall and reinstall yet again.  Please do tell me what solutions you have or are investigating and how you will communicate them to me without me having to tell multiple different people the same information for a week without any one of you offering any advice other than check the forums or try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Best Answer
0 Votes