Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just started using the One tonight and I was able to pair it and charge it no problem. It's definitely synced and tracking steps so they're definitely talking to each other. It, however, is telling me that it needs to update but won't.

I get an error that basically says it failed and to check to make sure the tracker is close, internet and bluetooth is on, etc.

Just to name some problem solving I already found and tried:

I've turned the tracker on and off 6 times in a row.

I've restarted my phone.

I've turned my bluetooth off for 30 seconds and turned it back on.

I literally downloaded the app today so it is definitely the most updated.

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.

I've deleted the tracker/unpaired them and reconnected them.

I've tried it with the tracker plugged in and unplugged.

Is it just that the tracker is a couple years old and not working with the new app? I've had it in the box for a couple years now it feels like. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Donder. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your efforts while trying to resolve this issue before contacting us. I would recommend trying to update your Fitbit One firmware using a computer. If you are still receiving the same error I would appreciate if you provide me with a screen shot to further investigate.

Catch you later. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I have the very same problem..  the weird thing is app on my Nexus 5 can sync data with the one, but the One does not show up on the bluetooth connected device end.  Or, "Pair rejected by One."  And when I switch to a 5 year old MacBook for updateing firmware, I would be stuck at "Plug in a dongle"

I have tried:

Power off / on

Unpair / Pair

Reset

Uninstall / Install

turned off push notification / or any available additional settings.

Please help..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AYC. Your Fitbit One does not use your phone's Bluetooth log but uses Bluetooth via the Fitbit app, hence the reason why it is syncing but doesn't show up on your BT-connected devices.

As for using your Mac, you need to have Fitbit Connect for OS X installed on your Mac, and you need to have the Fitbit dongle plugged into a USB port on your computer for the One to connect.

71hckD5nbYL._SL1500_.jpg

Fitbit dongle

So the first thing I would do is update the Mac. If you Mac operating system is out-dated, that could become an issue. So please tap on the App Store icon on your Mac and check for OS updates available for your Mac and download and install them.  Then follow the instructions in this help document to update your Fitbit One to the latest firmware version 6.60 - Update my Tracker.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer