Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accuracy if in pocket

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Which fitbit can i put in my pocket at work and still get accurate steps.... as being a nurse we cannot wear a wrist watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

fitbit one

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Nickers01

You can do a comparison of the trackers here - click

The One and the Zip both can clip on your pocket. The new Flex2 has an optional pendant so you can wear it on a chain.

Whatever you decide, the community is here for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nickers01 @lifeisbueno Welcome to our Community! 

@Nickers01 I would suggest the Fitbit One like @lifeisbueno since it is the most accurate tracker to record your steps (in my humble opinion). The thing with wrist based trackers is that they can track steps when you move your arm but not necessarily walking although they offer way more features than the belt clip trackers. I have a Charge 2, Flex 2 and Fitbit One and my preferred ones are the Charge 2 and Fitbit One (the Charge 2 for the great features it has especially HR monitor and the One for its simplicity). If you can't wear any type of wristbands then the Fitbit One should be a great option as it has 10 days battery life, really sturdy (I have washed mine in two occasion but please be really careful with that!). Although @Odyssey13 does have a great point. You can definitely wear the Flex 2 pebble on your pocket and once you are out of work wear it using the wristband so you can take advantage of its features.

I just wanted to share my experience but check the comparison page @Odyssey13 provided and choose the one you think would better adapt to your work.

I also moved your post to the support thread as you will find more help in this area for your specific question.

Let me know what you decide!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I bought a Charge 2 the other day and I have to say I HATE it.  My One is malfunctioning and I need a replacement. I would keep my One in my pocket (after the belt clip broke and so did the replacements)..  Even though the One screen stopped displaying over a year ago it kept working till recently.  i HAVE multiple nice watches and I can't wear this thing and my watch!  Why is the One is being retired with nothing like it to replace?  We need something discreet like it.  I have no desire to wear this Charge on my arm 24/7!  HELP!  Any advice???

Best Answer

@depechian -- since you have one already, have you tried just putting your CH 2 in your pocket?  You would want to turn off the HR leds (since there would be no hr to measure in your pocket), and you could remove the band to save space,  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Have tried it in my pocket,  but it's too bulky.  The One just works best all around in the pocket.   The CH2 is going back to Costco as soon as my new One comes in the mail.

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat... One is dying, can't wear anything on my wrist and need a replacement.  I'm giving the Flex 2 a shot.  Took the tiny thing out of the band and have it in my pocket.

We'll see how that goes for a week, hopefully I won't need to return it.

Best Answer

@depechian @dasman66 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

@depechian Sorry that wearing your Charge 2 on your pocket like @Baltoscott suggested didn't work for you. Remember that the Charge 2 was designed to be worn on the wrist and it has a big display so it can be easily read and house the hr sensor. Still I am very happy to hear that you will be getting a new Fitbit One as it was designed with a belt clip! By the way for anyone else who might be interested in a Fitbit One even if it is being discontinued you can still purchase it at the store at this moment. Another idea is purchasing a Fitbit Alta with a belt clip on Amazon.

@dasman66 You could have purchased a new Fitbit One if you aren't happy with the Flex 2. Now if you do find the Flex 2 good enough you could look for some third party belt clips for it on Amazon. There are many options for this although it isn't an official product so please check the reviews to see if they are good.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

"I'm in the same boat... One is dying,..."

Maybe not.  There was an app update in August -- the iOS version 2.39 was August 10 -- and apparently a software flaw makes the battery drain really fast when you have All-Day Sync enabled.  Pretty much all One users -- and some other models -- started reporting getting only 1.5 days between charges.

This is NOT due to the batteries age or useful life.  Most people -- including me -- have found that turning off All-Day Sync until they get this resolved has returned their One to lasting well over a week.

There are several forum threads about it, but the bottom line is for now turn off All-Day Sync,

Best Answer

@dasman66 - agreeing with @Doug here; your One is probably fine if the battery life drop is fairly recent and you sync with an iPhone or iPad.  Problem seems to have been introduced by iOS fitbit app 2.39 and was not fixed by 2.40.  But for a lot of us turning off “all day sync” gets the battery life back to normal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm an android guy... No iOS devices here, and all day sync is off already.  I get about 2-3 days of charge with my one... And it seems to be getting worse rapidly.

After using the flex 2 in pocket and comparing to the one, the flex 2 is consistently about 3-5% low in step count vs the one (no idea which is "right", assume the one is more accurate.

But 3-5% is really close enough for me, so I have a solution for when the one eventually gives up the ghost.

As for buying a new one... I thought about it, but when I got mine I only paid about $70 for it.  I can't bring myself to paying 100 if the flex 2 does a close enough job at 50

Best Answer
0 Votes