Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find or add friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't seem to find or add any friends. I have an iPhone and have added emails to some contacts and still nothing....?

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Welcome to the Community @Aharris588. Please confirm you are doing the following to add your friends:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Friends tab.
2. Tap the + button in the top right corner.
3. Choose the method with which you want to connect to your friends and follow the onscreen instructions.

You just need to confirm the email address that your friends are using for their Fitbit account.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you for your reply. I did those steps ( tried again just in case) I don't have Facebook so my options are contacts and email... No contacts show up at all not do email ones...
Best Answer

You are welcome @Aharris588. At the moment of adding a friend, you need to make sure that you have the correct email addressed. If you prefer adding friends by directly entering the email address, you just need to do the following:

1. Tap Friends

2. Tap the "+" icon in the upper right corner

3. Tap the "Email" option

4. Enter the email address that your friend used to setup the tracker

5. Tap the "+" icon that appear next to the email address

6. Tap Done

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once I do that, guessing it will work for me, how do they know I added them? Or if someone adds me how do I "accept"?
Best Answer

Hey sweetie @Aharris588You can add a maximum of 2,000 friends either from the fitbit.com dashboard or from the Fitbit app.

• Contacts—See your contacts who have Fitbit accounts and those who don't. Invite anyone to be a Fitbit friend. The Fitbit apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 also show you friends of friends. Friends of friends appear only if your friends do no privatize their friends list. (Not available on the fitbit.com dashboard)
  • Email—Type in the email address of anyone to want to invite to Fitbit.

To add friends, do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Friends tab.
  2. Tap the + button in the top right corner. 
  3. Choose the method with which you want to connect to your friends and follow the onscreen instructions.

You can accept or reject friend requests either from the fitbit.com dashboard or from the Fitbit app. To do so, do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Friends tab.
  2. Tap the person's profile to accept or ignore the request.

You can remove friends from either from the fitbit.com dashboard or from the Fitbit app. To do so, do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Friends tab.
  2. Tap the friend you want to delete to view their profile.
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
  4. Tap Remove Friend.

Happy stepping!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

What about people you don't know personally? I'm trying to find fitbit friends and I see some people post "add me so we can do this together" so I click on their profile and it says add friend but it won't let me click it. Can you not add people that way?

Best Answer

Yes, you can my friend @wishinteen. I just sent an invitation and I got the following message:

"Stuardo will have to accept this invite to confirm your friendship. If you have not met, give some background about yourself in the message."

I clicked "Send" and got the following "Invitation sent successfully".

Are you getting any error message? Can you tell me what it is? Are you trying to send the invitation through your Fitbit app or Fitbit.com online Dashboard?

I'll be around, and welcome to the forums sweetie! Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have the the issues when sending requests

Best Answer

For some reason, when I try to add from my contacts, the only people that show up are those who DONT have a Fitbit. How do I see the ones that do and how do I add them?

Best Answer

@Cycles Welcome to the Fitbit family! What specifics are you experiencing when sending friends requests? Also, is this still happening to you?

@Rloafman13 It's great to see you in the Fitbit family! I recommend taking a quick view at this help article which is explaining how to add friends on any platform. There are a few options. The one I prefer the most is via email. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I try to add friends via the contacts tab, only those contacts without Fitbit show up.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Rloafman13 Thanks for sharing that with us! Have you tried any of the two other options? Still unable to add friends?

If you are looking for more Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me, did you ever figure out how to fix this? The moderators keep repeating the same thing over and over and not understanding the problem. 

Best Answer

How do I add friends to my list when I don’t know their emails, but have them in my contacts? I am sad that we cannot add them right away, off the contacts list. I do not have a Facebook either, so I don’t really know what to do.

Best Answer

I’m having a hard time finding friends. It always shows me the old results, it doesn’t do a new search to find new ones. I have added new friends to my contacts list on my phone but it doesn’t do a new search. 

Do do I have to have their email in order to add them?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem... I chose email and out in the email address but there is no plus sign beside it. I clicked done and she said she accepted but she still is now t showing for me to invite on challenges

Best Answer

Re: adding friends to my list. What if I just have their cell number?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't find and add friends 

Best Answer

Having the same problems. Only dispays friends WITHOUT a fitbit. Frustrating.... Tried using the app and .com

Best Answer