Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging Sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I hate the new sleep log.  I often go to sleep after between midnite and 1am and wake up around 6:30am  the same day.  it won't let me log it because it says i can't set date in future.  today is 5/17, i went to sleep at 1:15am on the 17th and woke up at 6:45am on the 17th and it won't letme record it.  It's now 9:30  so well after 645 am.   

am i doing something wrong.  

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I was having the same problem logging sleep on the app but then did some reading on the forum and started to log right from the One.  Once I put it in the night time wristband, I simply press and hold the tracker's button down for a few seconds.  That is when you will see a stopwatch begin to count, and the other tracker icons will blink.  This shows you that you are in sleep mode.  When you wake up first thing press the button and hold down to take you out of the sleep mode.  Once I started doing this, I found that it was logging my sleep automatically.  Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I thought it had something to do with a time zone change. I was in Hawaii and now returned to pacific time zone. My Fitbit is in the pacific time zone and my phone is in the pacific time zone. However, the app seems to be recording 3 hours behind and telling me I can not record in the future or if I manually record it to be 0600, it accepts it and records it as 0900. 

When I got to Hawaii it must of automatically changed to Hawaiian time because I didn't do anything to do it. I assumed when I returned to California, it would automatically return to pacific time on the app. It doesn't appear to have done that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, as far as I can tell you're doing everything right. I am totally disgusted with the new sleep graph. I have a schedule like yours--I'm an author and tend to work late at night, often into the morning hours, and I can't log my sleep time. I also dislike the fact I can't get specific times on the graph so that I can figure out when I'm waking up at night. (Raccoons on the roof or restless husband? Specific times would help me keep track) The original sleep graph was perfect for my needs, and I'm currently thinking of shopping for another device that will let me keep track of things the way I want. I have no idea why they changed this, but I go by the axiom "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." This one has been "improved" to a point of uselessness.

Best Answer

I was able to correct my problem of not being able to log in the future ( even if it wasn't) by powering off my phone and then restarting it. Once it turned on, time is syncing with real time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tips wrote:

I was able to correct my problem of not being able to log in the future ( even if it wasn't) by powering off my phone and then restarting it. Once it turned on, time is syncing with real time. 

Thank you. I'll give that a try, though I use my phone to sync to the computer (the dongle died ages ago) and actually log info on my laptop. I'll have to see if I can log on the phone okay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Revisiting my earlier message--I'm fed up with the changes in Fitbit's logging system. Unfortunately, it merely means I've quit logging anything regularly other than keeping track of steps. I miss the records I used to keep so easily, but don't have the time to search out a better option. Mostly I'm disgusted that Fitbit chose to change a program that worked really well for me so that it no longer serves any purpose. I won't buy another from them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
yup all upgrades seem to make it more diffiicult for us. It was so easy.
I have quit doing the sleep activity too hard to register. it should do it
automatically but it's not.

--
*Get Fit and healthy *
*and earn while helping others*
www.downrightfit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes
yup all upgrades seem to make it more diffiicult for us. It was so easy.
I have quit doing the sleep activity too hard to register. it should do it
automatically but it's not.

--
*Get Fit and healthy *
*and earn while helping others*
www.downrightfit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes