Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 sync issue solved for fitbit one

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Windows 10 issue solved -    I have run into the same issue as others with getting Fitbit One to be recognized and synched with windows  10.   I have a new Dell computer that came with windows 10 installed.  After several hours of work, here is what solved the issue.    My computer has bluetooth built in.

I first updated the drivers for bluetooth in windows device manager.   I then disabled bluetooth  from within device manager.   I had already installed the fitbit connect software and the dongle since windows 10 bluetooth did not work.    With the disabling of bluetooth, the firmware for the fitbit (?) or maybe the dongle was updated automatically. Then the fitbit paired automatically and I was able to sync.

But if the bluetooth is turned on, synching does not work!!  This appears to be a glitch in fitbit.  I don't need bluetooth at the moment so will watch to see if anyone has resolved this issue.

Hope this helps others.

Alllan

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for sharing your experience and your tips @ALLLAN! I think that this can be of help for people that is having the same inconvenience. 

I hope to see you around more often giving more tips! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I'm having trouble... new computer, no bluetooth and windows 10....  I've just come back to fitbit one.... it has been in a drawer.. Smiley Sad   So I can't remember where to sync from ... the personal dashboard?  I have all the components .... but can't figure the syncing part.... could you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LG. I gather from your post that you've had your tracker for a while, that it was set-up at one time and you used it; and now you want to get back into it.  To sync the data from your One to your account, using your Win 10 computer as a device, you need to download and install the Fitbit app for win 10 from here https://www.fitbit.com/ca/setup; and you should be able to sign on to your existing account, sync and view your dashboard. What you'll see is the new Win 10 app. If you prefer, you can also download the legacy Windows PC Fitbit Connect and you'll get the same interface as you had before.

TW

Best Answer
Thank you for the instructions... you read me exactly right.

Okay I found the sync on the dashboard.... Still not syncing and date and
time are wrong... the dashboard says battery is low and the device says
full.... seems like it is working???

Syncing is the big issue I suppose....

Thank you for your time and help.

--
Lili
​​
Best Answer

I'm having trouble... new computer, no bluetooth and windows 10....  I've just come back to fitbit one.... it has been in a drawer.. Smiley Sad   So I can't remember where to sync from ... the personal dashboard?  I have all the components .... but can't figure the syncing part.... could you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LG. Which app have you downloaded and installed? Are you using the Fitbit app for Win 10 or the legacy Fitbit Connect? If the latter, which would be my choice, you need to have the Fitbit dongle plugged into a USB port on your computer. As for the wrong time, click here Settings and scroll down to the Time heading to adjust the time zone to your locale - don't forget to SAVE your change and to force a sync, otherwise the change will not take effect. As for the low battery icon showing on your dashboard, I wouldn't worry about it, as it probably reflects what the battery level was when you last sync'd, which will correct itself with your next successul sync.

TW

Best Answer