Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a few weeks of steps from another tracker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Because I didn't want to take the leap on fitness trackers until I knew if I was happy having something on my wrist all the time, I tried a super cheap tracker for a couple of weeks before getting my charge.

Is there any way I can add those tracked days to my fitbit account so I can have a longer track of how I've been doing? Less individual exercises, more "six thousand that day, twenty six thousand this one"

I know it won't count for badges etc, just want to see more of the past distances. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you are just wanting to have it for daily steps history, I would just mark it as one activity for X steps, doesn't matter what time period spread over.  Only difference I can think of is that is it is a short enough time period, it might think you were working hard enough to get "active minutes", which might or might not be accurate.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I would suggest manually logging a walk of the appropriate number of steps for each of those days.

Here's how:

How do I manually log exercises in the Fitbit app?

But note for the future that manually logging is not recommended for activities during which you are wearing the tracker.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Am I good to just drop it in as 'X steps' or 'Y Distance' for each day, possibly spread across my active hours for each day? Rather than trying to break it down into the individual periods of activity.

Obviously more detail = better results, just thinking in terms of ease whilst not massively confusing the metrics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are just wanting to have it for daily steps history, I would just mark it as one activity for X steps, doesn't matter what time period spread over.  Only difference I can think of is that is it is a short enough time period, it might think you were working hard enough to get "active minutes", which might or might not be accurate.

Best Answer

Checked, and my previous activity tracker does include the duration, so I've just stuck it in as taking that long, starting 9am every day. Not perfectly accurate, but means I can see a bit more of the past, and feel happy about the longer walks I did across that period.

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes