Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All day sync stopped suddenly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the all day sync feature is no longer working on my charge 3 with iPhone. I have researched all the recent questions and answers. I have done everything that was suggested. Still it says it is not able to “set up” even though it is connected to Bluetooth, restarted, turn off phone, turn back on, try again......nothing. It says, “Bluetooth Pairing Failed ... Call notifications and All-Day Sync are disabled for now” Just wanted Fitbit to know there is an ongoing issue, at least with mine. 

A lot of potential here for a great device. Looking forward to some more clock face updates/bug fixes!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Replying to edit: It is fixed and this is what helped me...

I went to settings on my phone and told the Bluetooth to “forget this devise” then when I went back to app it asked to pair device and it did and now it is all working correctly! Yay! Hope this helps someone else! (Wasn’t sure if I should reply here or edit my post)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Replying to edit: It is fixed and this is what helped me...

I went to settings on my phone and told the Bluetooth to “forget this devise” then when I went back to app it asked to pair device and it did and now it is all working correctly! Yay! Hope this helps someone else! (Wasn’t sure if I should reply here or edit my post)

Best Answer

Thank you for your post about iphone not all-day syncing. I did forget this device and re-pair like you said. It worked!!!

Best Answer

After one day of working perfectly, my Charge 3 stopped sending call and text notifications to my iPhone 8. To temporarily fix this problem, I go to the Bluetooth settings on my iPhone and tell it to forget this device' for my Charge 3. Then I re-pair and it works for a while then breaks again. This is very frustrating and I'm very close to returning my Charge 3. When will the Fitbit Dev team fix this bug? Its obvious I'm not the only one this happens to.

Best Answer

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I have had this same problem for weeks!! I can't tell you how many times I have turned off/on bluetooth, restarted my device, removed my Charge 3 from my fitbit app and reinstalled, restarted my phone. I just took your advice and removed my device from my bluetooth and synced and poof!! It finally paired again!!

Best Answer

Mine Charge 3 is doing the same thing.  I'm glad I'm not alone.  From what I understand, the first 10,000 have issues.

Best Answer

I'm glad yours is working.  Mine still won't do it even after I forget device.  It goes through the motions, but I get the same error Unable to pair.

----

Me too.  That's what's been happening to mine.  Very frustrating.  How many times do we have to pair.

Moderator edit: merged replies 

Best Answer

My charge 3 having all day sync and notifications not working on i phone. The solution of forget this device has not worked for me either. Need some input for next step. There is def a bug evident. Bought this fitbit in Nov. 2018. This model again  problematic... had a charge 2 that only lasted 18 months. Did not learn my lesson the first time! 

Best Answer

Thanks everyone, I’d been trying everything for days, never thought to tell the phone Bluetooth to forget this device, I did and everything is working again 

Best Answer

Were you ever able to get your device to pair?  My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 won't pair with it.  I just bought my Charge 3 yesterday and seem to be having nothing but problems with it. I'm thinking about contacting Fitbit and asking them to send me a replacement....or I just may go back to using my Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, by doing the Forget this device on Bluetooth setting, it somehow allowed the pairing to be established again. I have had to reestablish the bluetooth a number of times already. There is def a problem with stability of Bluetooth connection. What is bad is that you dont know when the link is broken and therefore you are missing alerts and updating by synching which should be happening all day. This a major problem ! If this continues to be an issue, i will post again asking for the next step for us to take. So dissapointed that Fitbit has flung out another product with problems.

Best Answer
The same happened to me. Been working so far
--

Thanks

Michele Thompson
Admin. Coordinator
781-593-7174

*The parent company of Multicultural Home Care has rebranded as Simplura
Health Group! Please check out our website, www.simplura.com

*Disclaimer:This e-mail message contains information from the office of
Multicultural Home Care, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient,
please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this message, and of any attachments, is prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail and purge the original message.*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I'm very disappointed as well. I feel bad for the customer service
people. Their efforts are genuine; I think they just don't have answers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It works...temporarily.  I've done that several time but after a day or two, it reverts back to the "all day sync" not being selected.  I truly hope software developers for fitbit are reading this and correct this.  It is truly a hassle to use works around to make things work the way they're supposed to after spending over a hundred on a product.  PLEASE FIX THIS FITBIT!!!!  SN: And what's up with the first Aria not being able to sync at all after the software update a couple years ago?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

This worked for me also.... I am however a little frustrated with the Charge 3 intermittent Syncing Issues.

I have been a Charge 2 User - I have also recently purchased a Surge for my wife and such a shame that the Charge 3 does not perform or live up to the Syncing capability as my Charge 3 did.

I am not a techie, however I do keep the latest app versions etc. however still, such a shame that we have to go through this frustration just to get it to work as it should do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Typo, such a shame it does not live up to the capabilities that my CHARGE 2 did.  Apologies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still just a temporary fix  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - this worked for me today. Hopefully it won’t be something I have to do repeatedly like others have said.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an ongoing problem with the Fitbit.  The device works, but out of the blue it stops syncing.  You must manually sync it.  You can go through all the troubleshooting steps and it will pair and all day sync for a while, then it quits again.  So frustrating.  I will buy an Apple Watch next time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this solution should be marked as a temporary fix only. I have to go through the “forget this device” and re-pair on a daily basis, because my charge 3 all day sync and notifications fail on a daily schedule. 

A true fix fix would be a permanent fix.  I like the charge 3, but this is an annoying issue that should have been fixed by now. Never had this problem with the charge 2

Best Answer