Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes after Latest upgrade 3/9/16 latest release.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
This is their reply to my notification the app crashes each day during exercise tracking. What are we dealing with?
We apologize for the delay of response, and we are sorry to hear that after the update of the iOS mobile app it crashes.

Please, double check that Bluetooth is enabled (Settings > Bluetooth). We recommend restarting your app. To do so:

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Reopen the Fitbit app.

Also please provide us with more details of the action in which the app crashes and if is possible an screenshot of the app.

Please let us know if your problem isn't solved and we'll investigate further.

Sincerely,
Fitbit team.

Is Bluetooth enabled? Really? Yes it is. The app crashed, therefore I had to restart the app. Btw there are no other apps running. It's a very quiet walk. After 1.81 to 1.95 miles it crashes. I restart the app and within the next .5 miles it crashes again. This entire walk I am holding the iPhone in my hand very careful to not hit the sleep button or volume buttons. I was expecting a reply such as how much memory does my iPhone have? Or yes we found a bug and are working on it for a fix release soon. Thank you for reporting your problem. Is Bluetooth enabled? Really? Makes you wonder! Just sayin.
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have the same frustrations and there still doesn't seem to be a solution!

Best Answer
I'm having issues, too...for past two days when I tap the icon on my phone it briefly opens and then immediately closes again...not syncing at all, either! I have an iPhone 6 and even dos the iOS update hoping that would help but no success
Best Answer

I have been having the same problem for some time now (2-3 months).  App has been deleted and reinstalled, Fitbit Charge HR has been a) reset several times (running version 122) and just last month b) replaced entirely.  Bluetooth is enabled, WI-Fi is enabled.  Location setting is enabled.  iphone 6 (running IOS 9.3.1) cycled on and off.  Mobilerun usually crashes between 2.5 and 3 miles and if I can get it to restart from where it stopped it usually stops again at 4 miles.  But half the time the app itself completely closes and I have to start from 0.  I just noticed the Fitbit app had an update this morning so I'm now running Version 2.21.1 on the app.  Hopefully tomorrow it won't crash!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
i responded to another round with the Fitbit support team: 3/16/16 I actually found your reply insulting. I cannot believe that I am the only one with this problem. My app continues to crash on a daily basis and as such I have stopped tracking my exercise. I continue to use the Fitbit hr but not the app. It is not in my best interest to track my exercise without accurate results to show for it. I am rather competitive and the app is to me worthless if it cannot assist me in my goals. Very sad and I am not recommending fit bit to my associates and colleagues any longer. I hope you continue to improve your product and I hope you can improve on your customer service in the future. I hope you will continue to provide upgrades and I hope you can improve reliability in the app. Sincerely Jon.

Here is how they replied. Hi Jon,

Thank you for getting back to us and for reporting the app crash.

Upon reviewing our system we found that your Fitbit Charge HR last sync was today 2016-3-22 at 09:21:58 with low battery (please charge) and Fitbit app and firmware are update.

Please note that when you experience a crash, the next time you open the app you'll receive a notification asking if you'd like to send crash logs to our iOS team. When this message appears, tap "Send." Your crash logs are then sent directly to our iOS team. The team will be notified immediately and start work on a fix, which is usually implemented in the next version of the app.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Jacqueline G. and the Fitbit Team

Reply directly to this email to update your case.

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

ref:_00D40N2lj._50033uhQsx:ref

I switched to "mapmywalk" to track my exercise. But I still use my Fitbit hr for some reason. Don't know why. Feel lost without it on my wrist. I've determined this is a Fitbit issue. No other apps crash on this version of iOS. I hope the above info helps others in their tracking with Fitbit. I'm discouraged now. 😥 Jon.
Best Answer

Okay I have just spent 45 minutes on the phone with your support personnel who a) didn't have a clue what mobile run was and b) was telling me I would have to leave my Charge HR off if I was going to use the app.  The app is still crashing on me every morning.

Best Answer

After the app update, it crashes every time I open it. I cannot log anything or sinc.

Best Answer
0 Votes