Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit floors climbed?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone. I commute to work and ride the bus frequently. I noticed that throughout my ride, my Charge HR records each stop as a floor climbed. I want to edit it to make my data more accurate. Any help would be great, thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi WyKN, 

You can manually log "driving" as an activity for the times ur on the bus, and that should elimate the floors climbed (bus also the steps you took - so keep this in mind).

Here is an article on how you manually log an activity if you haven't before.

Hope that does the trick, cheers!! 😄

Please don't forget to mark as a solution and/or vote up (thumbs up) if this post helped out, had you in agreement, or got you to smile.. 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi WyKN, 

You can manually log "driving" as an activity for the times ur on the bus, and that should elimate the floors climbed (bus also the steps you took - so keep this in mind).

Here is an article on how you manually log an activity if you haven't before.

Hope that does the trick, cheers!! 😄

Please don't forget to mark as a solution and/or vote up (thumbs up) if this post helped out, had you in agreement, or got you to smile.. 🙂
Best Answer

Thank you very much 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

This satisfies the specific request related to driving.  But how do you generally adjust for incorrect fitbit data as it pertains to floors climbed?  I did not go up a flight of stairs all day and it says i went up 10 times.  Normally, the errors are +/- 1 floor.  In my case today, the error is huge.  How can you delete these floors climbed, or simply edit the number?  Editing can be performed in many places and given the inaccuracies, i believe its a necessary function.

Best Answer

I've climbed the stairs twice today and its only counted one. How do I add another?

Best Answer

@LysMyMiss Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting your inquiry on this thread regarding floors climbed.

It is not possible to add floors climbed. In this case, I'd recommend restarting your device. This should certainly help if your device is not tracking data correctly. 

Also, check this article about how floors get tracked. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rode a scooter today, and it recorded 39 flights of stairs.

There are so many complaints on this topic. Why not edit the website so that customers can edit floors? Seems simple enough.

Best Answer

@Sarah4321 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post the situation you are experiencing with your Charge HR recording floors climbed while riding your scooter. Thanks for sharing your suggestion.

I was making some research at the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find the following ideas:

I'd recommend voting for the second idea I shared. The more votes the better. You could also leave a comment to show your support.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer