Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band Pops Off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my second Charge 2. The band keeps popping off on one side when I brush my wrist against something. This happened with my last one and I just bought a new on thinking it was just broken. Now I think it’s a design flaw. I’m pretty frustrated. 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Mine did the same thing today. Was wondering if it was broken or if it was something else with the way it connected to the band. 

Best Answer

Mine as well. A friend found it near his truck. I hadn't even realized it had fallen off. This is a major issue.

Best Answer

FITBIT BANDS ARE ALL FAULTY! 

I initially had the Fitbit flex and lost it due to the band coming off!

I then purchased a charge 2 and had I've had my charge 2 for a year and a half. The original fband broke within 6 months. I got a replacement band and that one lasted a year then broke again. It pops off and will not stay on!

I contacted Fitbit to complain as the **ahem** thing cost $199.98 which is NOT cheap and they wouldn't do a thing about it as it was part the 1 year "limited" warranty! Complete BS! They should back their products if they are faulty! But they don't! I will definitely never buy another Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I then purchased a charge 2 and I've had my charge 2 for a year and a half. The original band broke within 6 months. I got a replacement band and that one lasted a year then broke again. It pops off and will not stay on!
I contacted Fitbit to complain as the charge 2 was $199.98 which is NOT cheap and they wouldn't do a thing about it as it was past the 1 year "limited" warranty! Complete BS! They should back their products if they are faulty! But they don't! I will definitely never buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer

I then purchased a charge 2 and I've had my charge 2 for a year and a half. The original band broke within 6 months. I got a replacement band and that one lasted a year then broke again. It pops off and will not stay on!
I contacted Fitbit to complain as the charge 2 cost $199.98 which is NOT cheap and they wouldn't do a thing about it as it was past the 1 year "limited" warranty! Complete BS! They should back their products if they are faulty! But they don't! I will definitely never buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m hoping Fitbit makes it right. If I’m forced to replace it, I’m going with Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a FITBIT Charge 2 about two years ago.  The band has broken in the exact same spot FOUR times.  Each time, there was a tiny crack on one or both sides of the rubber band where it connects to the FITBIT.  I reported this as a design flaw each time the band broke, but FITBIT hasn't fixed the flaw.  The first three times the band broke, FITBIT did the right thing and sent me a complimentary replacement.  This time FITBIT refuses to send me a replacement band.  I am going to find a different fitness tracker with bands that don't break every six months.

Best Answer

My solution: I bought an Apple Watch. I’m in love 😍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Amy.  Will an Apple Watch work (sync) with an Android phone and a PC computer?  I don't have other Apple products - except my old IPOD 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won’t but I believe Garmin will. I hear great things from Android users about Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmyDavis323,

I, myself, have not had the Charge 2 band (nor any of my wrist trackers) pop off after years of use, but I have a friend whose band has popped off.  In his case, it was an issue with the band (not the tracker).

With Fitbit's introduction of replaceable bands there are many aftermarket options...  If you look in Amazon there are some options for as little as $10 for three bands.  If find that bands, in general, exhibit more wear and tear than the tracker itself so I'd be changing them more frequently.

The same is true about an actual watch.  My wife has a watch that is a gift from her sister; it's at least 18 years old, but it has had more bands than I can remember.  I don't think it's unreasonable to change the band periodically.

I have a Fitbit One and have replaced many of its clips, but the tracker continues to function.

@KDS_70, while I can understand being frustrated, I'm not sure how posting the exact same message three times within fourteen minutes is going to make it more convincing.  Also, there is a product called BitBelt Jr. that would've addressed the problem with your Flex.

Something you may consider before switching platforms, if you participate in challenges, activity from other platforms (like Apple Health, Garmin, etc.) do not contribute to Fitbit challenges.  I know a number of folks here in the forums miss that.

While I can certainly understand being frustrated, I'm not sure that I'd be looking to jump ship due to needing to replace the band (at 3 for $10, less than the cost of a Starbucks latte) every few months.

Just my 2¢.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks...for your 2 cents!

And btw....I didn’t mean to post it 3 times within 14 minutes...My system kept crashing and it didn’t appeared that it posted! 

AND I wasn’t complaining about the actual Fitbit! I was complaining about how faulty the Fitbit bands are! The product is not cheap and should last longer than it does. Simple as that! 

Best Answer

Just my 2 cents - FitBit did replace the band for my Charge 2. We'll see how long this one lasts. My first tracker totally disintegrated after two years of non-stop use. While tracker was good, it did not have replaceable bands and once they went bad, the tracker went with it, although it still works, even with no case, bands, or any way to carry it except in your pocket. Very durable. The Charge 2 is lookiing to be in the same category, as long as I can keep bands for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KDS_70,

That's fair, but allow me to make a couple of observations.

First, while I, myself, have not had any problems with the Flex/Flex 2 bands.  If you had searched here in the forums when you first discovered difficulties with the clasp, you would've found among others, posts like mine from over two years ago that mention the Bitbelt product.  Just me, if you use it, your band will stay on...  In fact, it's a bit of a nuisance to take off.

Second, you assert that (your words): "FITBIT BANDS ARE ALL FAULTY!"  And yet from your posts, you only mention the Flex and Charge 2...  So somehow you must have experience with the bands for:

• Force
  • Flex 2
  • Charge
  • Charge HR
  • Surge
  • Blaze
  • Alta
  • Alta HR
  • Ionic
  • Versa
  • Ace

Or are you overstating your case?  A car is not cheap either, but I don't expect the windshield wipers and tires to last as long as the rest of the car.

As per @Fischenbach's experience, earlier designs of Fitbit trackers did not have replaceable bands.  Much like conventional watches, the bands do not last as long as the actual watch (see my comment above about my wife's watch).  There were complaints about (mostly) the Surge with the band breaking long before the tracker stopped working.  Fitbit introduced replaceable bands with the Blaze and have had them in all subsequent trackers.  This allowed you to accessorize if you wanted different styles and colors, but also to easily replace them if they are worn down or damaged.  This is an improvement; the alternative is worse.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

My one did the same, got fed up and just took out the old super glue, right as rain.

Shouldnt have too but better than losing it.

Colin 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charger2 band also keeps popping off. Customer service was totally NOT helpful. They read from a script and kept saying it was out of warranty. This is an engineering defect and they won’t stand behind their product. I’m done with Fitbit and am going to get an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer