Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen on charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had nothing but troubles with the Charge 3. Despite taking great care of my Fitbit, within the first month of owning it, it had white lines all over the screen. I wanted a replacement because I spent a lot of money on a watch that seemed faulty. The lines went away for some time and came back even worse. Now, my screen is black but the Fitbit is still tracking and vibrating, just no screen. I’m so frustrated with the customer service and the quality of these expensive watches. I’ve read most of the forums and “fixes” like rebooting, but nothing has worked for me.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I’m having the same problem (for the second time/pebble!) I have been through the troubleshooting with the Chat assistant but nothing worked. I can’t  see the screen to follow instructions nor does anything work when I try to reboot!
I am now awaiting an email as to the next step! Very disappointed  as this seems to be a common problem & these devices aren’t cheap!  

Best Answer

I am having the same problem too, it was fine until about two months ago when the screen was faint. Now the screen is completely black, it vibrates, have tried resetting but remains completely black! Being a cynic Christmas is on its way, what a better time for a manufacturer  for a device to go wrong! 

Best Answer

I have the same issue and unfortunately there is no concrete solution and support! Very bad brand reputation

Best Answer

I am having exactly the same problem with my charge 3 .cant acssess customer support either. The data is still functioning on my app and the tracker vibrates I get the smiley face and then zilch ! Sometimes I can see a very faint clock but I can’t see anything else to brighten the screen . The most frustrating piece of technology.

Best Answer

Hi. I managed to contact customer support as I mentioned above and a few days later received an email from customer service. As I expected, they would do nothing regarding a replacement as it was out of guarantee . However did offer a 35% discount on a new device, there were 3 model exclusions though.  I am very undecided what to do tbh as I don’t think two trackers with the same fault (as many others have also reported) faulty within just over 2 years. The annoying thing is the functions still register but no display/watch facility!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Go into a dark room.

2.  Press the sides

3.  Scroll right-to-left til you see "Settings "

4. Tap this.and "Brightness" will be the top option

5. Scroll up until you see "NORMAL"

6.  DO NOT USE "AUTO"!!!

7.  Press the sides until the time appears.

Best Answer

I have done this and can actually see my screen now but the display is dim unreadable outside .No luck in contacting customer services. What an appalling company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I’ve just done this and can now barely see the screen when pressing the sides (which is 100% improvement) . The time on the front screen (can just about see) says 08.36 instead of 20.36 🤷‍:female_sign:  Other than using the discount code and buy another (which I’m loathe to do) , don’t know what else I can do. 
thank you again, I’m sure it will help others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well we have made some progress .But I remain unimpressed with the product. Mine is less than 2 years old and I fear it will be unusable soon. But I won’t get another one. It seems the manufacturers don’t provide any customer service or advice.

Best Answer