Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button fell off my Charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Realized yesterday that the button on my Fitbit charge had fallen off, was pretty bummed but after reading all the comments on here I called the customer service line. Within minutes they helped replace my Fitbit even though I have just hit my year warranty very recently. I am excited to receive my replacement and appreciate the quick help! Not many places would be willing to fix a problem so quickly... Just reassuring why I recommend Fitbit to my friends. If you have a similar problem just call, it will take minutes and they will offer you several solutions!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @maggieg22 welcome! We appreciate you stopped by to share you good comments about our support team! Once you receive your replacement, you can set it up by following some simple instructions

Also you can always learn more about  your Charge at the product manual, give it a look! 

Enjoy your new tracker and keep the stepping up! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Always happy to hear of positive experiences with Fitbit's customer service!  🙂

Best Answer

Hey @maggieg22 welcome! We appreciate you stopped by to share you good comments about our support team! Once you receive your replacement, you can set it up by following some simple instructions

Also you can always learn more about  your Charge at the product manual, give it a look! 

Enjoy your new tracker and keep the stepping up! Woman Wink

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hello, 

This happened to me also! The first time was last spring. I got the charge for a Christmas present so it was only about 3-4 months old, like you I was pretty bummed. I called Fitbit and with in minutes I was able to talk to someone and get the process going to get a replacement one sent to me. By the end of the week I had my new Fitbit. I thought this was amazing! I recommend getting a Fitbit to everyone, I have convinced 6 people in my family ranging from 13-73 years old to get fitbits we love it and having an amazing customer service was an added plus when I was telling friends to get them! However the button fell off again on Friday 😞 again I was extremely bummed out, this Fitbit is about 8 months old and I use my Fitbit 24/7. I remembered the great experience I had when dealing with the customer service. I called them about a half hour ago about the button falling off again. Unfortunately I did not have to same experience before, the only thing they could do for me was a 25% off discount to purchase a new Fitbit. Why would I spend a lot of money (i'm in college) for something that is going to constantly break before it is a year old? I am extremely disappointed in Fitbit and I will not continue to recommend getting a Fitbit to friends and family. 

Best Answer

Hey @annie_griswold I'm sorry to hear about your second Charge! I understand your point and appreciate all your inputs, we are always working to improve the Fitbit experience and your comments are greatly appreciated. 

The good news are that in case you decide to get another Fitbit tracker, you can use your discount to purchase the new Fitbit Blaze

See you, I'll be around! Woman Wink

Best Answer

I just had the same experience.  Got a replacement in June and the button is broken again.  Got the 25% off promo because the warranty is only on the first one I had.  Seems like it is only lasting 6 months.  That is a lot of money for having to replace something every 6 months.

Best Answer

I agree! Did you end up using the 25% off. I want to and I am really interested in the Blaze however I am worried something will happen like the charge

Best Answer
0 Votes
A number of people seem to get replacements quite easily without having to return the broken charge. Despite me sending photographs of broken charge,original packaging and original receipt I was told to return charge and packaging to an address in the Netherlands ( I live in the UK). I have done this but it cost me nearly£12 to do so. Not impressed.
Best Answer

Hey @MyraR thanks for joining us, welcome! As far I know support team evaluates each case individually and based on our warranty policy. We appreciate your patience and collaboration with this process and hope it is resolved soon. 

See you around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 2 button has fell off,what can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The button fell out of my fitbit charge can it be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact thing happened to me and I’m highly disappointed as I too use my Fitbit 24/7. I refuse to spend more money on a product when the same thing will continue to happen. I received my replacement and within two months the button fell off and they offered me a 25% discount on another device 🙁 I would have to be a fool to keep wasting my money! Highly disappointing.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @KPride, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there 

I've just had the same experience as All the others on this forum. And the button has fallen of my fitbit. How do I go about getting a replacement button please? 

Thanks in advance!!

Sam 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SAM2014, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Please note that we do not have replacement buttons for the Fitbit Charge, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Button on my fitbit fell off how should I get it fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I just now got off a "chat" with your firm - same button problem - and they only offered me a discount on a new one. This is my second one. The first fell off and was lost due to a failed strap. At that time, I received only a discount on my second one, the one that had the button fall off. So, the implication is that they do not mind selling an inferior product, as long as they can make you buy one at a price where they don't lose money. I now will be looking elsewhere for a product that is known for quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything at Fitbit is about warranty; if your Fitbit is outside warranty then you are toast. My third One is getting old, and like many people the button fell off, and I still have the button. Call Fitbit and ask “can you give me some direction as to how to reattach the button?”  Their response is my One in outside the warranty window “goodbye “. I wasn’t asking for a replacement, just some help, at Fitbit you’re only a customer if your product is within warranty, otherwise nothing.

cindy I know there is nothing you can do, but maybe the bosses ……?

Best Answer