Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set-up my Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have problems setting up my charge 3 .nothing seems to work. 

I set up my device and it says it found my tracker. And it tries to connect andere then it stops....

It wants tot restart my bluetooth .that doesn't help . if I go to bluetooth settings on my phone it says it can't connect with charge 3 beceause of wrong pincode .

What do I need to do?

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

This worked, going to settings and clearing user data.  I also rebooted the device from the same, "settings, about" location.  I was then able to re-add the Charge 3 to the fit bit app.  And it synced.  I don't know how long this will last but I've been fighting with this all day!  (My husband's Charge 3.)  He just told me today that it hasn't been syncing since January 1.  He got this for Christmas so just like many others, it worked for about a week and then quit syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I brought my fitbit back after one week. Bought myself a Garmin vivosport.
No problems at all....and with GPS. For me no Fitbit!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

the steps listed by @seantnash worked for me the main difference was I did the clear user data on my charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem... what did u do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem... did you find a solution??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I send it back after one week of frustration. I bought a Garmin vivosport....never a problem. And with GPS...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

First clear user data.. 

Swipe left three times on the screen to get to the Settings app. About is the last one of the Settings options, with Clear User Data being the last option in About.

Then remove the device from the fitbit app.

Then remove fitbit from ur phone and remove the device from ur Bluetooth connected device list.

Then turn off ur phone

Restart charge 3 by plugging into charger and holding button for 8 seconds, until smiley appears

Now turn on phone and install app and the. Re add device.

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ohhh🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign: We will see how long ill hold up🤦🏻‍:female_sign:
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me. Frustrating and makes me upset and less excited about Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a problem with first sincing my device -Fitbit Charge 3 with my new phone (Moto G8 plus) after replacing my Moto G6 plus phone a few weeks back. After many frustrating attempts I removed it from the app which resulted in not being able to connect the device at all (instead of having only sincing issues). After a lot of research and frustration, many restarts of my phone and Charge 3 I found the steps described here. I have done that plus I have also uninstalled the app from my phone then downloaded it again and installed. Then I went through the steps as described here and it finally worked!! I am not sure if it would work for me as described or if the extra step of uninstalling of the app done it, will never know but I don't care, it is set up now and sincing. I hope it is going to last and unlike others have reported the issue won't return after a short time. Fingers crossed, I don't have to suffer more frustration with this. Should the issue return I would most likely ditch Fitbit and gone with a brand that is easier to work with.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on the phone with customer support last night for close to an hour & I did everything he told me to do.  Nothing worked.  My Charge 3 stopped syncing about a week ago.  I just read this post & cleared my user data (lost 1 weeks worth of data that hadn't been synced) & it worked!  I was ready to throw it in the garbage because I had lost all hope of fixing it.  Thanks so much for your help Sean!

Best Answer
0 Votes