Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up my Charge 4 anymore

I "upgraded" to a Charge 6. I hate it and want to go back to my Charge 4, which was working, but the strap was wearing through. I have fixed the strap, but now cannot get the Charge 4 to work with the app. The message on the tracker when I try to connect is to install or update the app. This makes no sense. All the app is showing is the 4-digit code I entered from the tracker and a never-ending message that it's connecting. I have uninstalled and removed the Charge 6 from Bluetooth and rebooted the Charge 4. What else do I need to do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Ninjam. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties to set up your Charge 4. I will do my best to help you with this!

In addition to the steps you've done so far, please try the following in the order listed:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Fitbit device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Charge 4 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Did they ever solve yours? 🫣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, that's an excellent description that resolves the problems, I've seen similar issues earlier this year and doing everything that MarreFitbit has just described resolved all of my issues and my Charge-4 is still working excellently.  I have always been impressed and very happy with the original Fitbit workers and the older Fitbit devices.

Best Answer