Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't connect to iphone/ipad or update info in app

It's been a bit more than a year since I last used my fitbit charge 4. I redownloaded the app, but the watch won't sync and tells me to update the app. I rebooted my phone, tried my ipad. Nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the community forums @Aquarius084.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding the situation with your Charge 4.

I'd suggest you to turn off the Bluetooth settings on your phone to prevent any interference with other devices. If it is needed, please move to another room and try the following:

1. Remove your Charge 4 from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  2. Try to update your Fitbit app. Confirm here: Fitbit app is updated
  3. Force stop the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your Charge 4.
  5. Try to set up your device one more time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to connect. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I even deleted the app again and tried to make a new account, reinstalled the app and it still says to update the app. This is very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did fitbit discontinue the compatibility and service for the charge 4 in the fitbit app? After I punch in the code to sync, the tracker says to update the already updated app. I've already done all the suggested actions to link it to my phone. It seems more people have also had this same unsolved problem. 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aquarius084 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and efforts. 

Almost all FItbit devices are still supported by the Fitbit app. 

What code are you trying to input, the one for setup or  the pin to use the Wallet?
If your Charge 4 is already paired to your account, you don't need to input anything to sync it. 

I suggest you to have a look at this: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Wenn aber der Charge 4 noch nicht eingerichtet wurde lies bitte Folgendes: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes