Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case crack

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit charge case is cracked - at the edge, where the face and sides come together... Can't it be repaired? Sealed? Will it work fine or is there great danger regarding moisture penetration?
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hey hey hey @Springl welcome to the Community! Oh! sounds too bad that your Charge HR is getting damage. Let me tell you that actually your tracker can't be repaired or sealed. But, if you contact Customer support, they will take a look of your account and your warranty and choose the best option to get you back on track! I'm pretty sure they will provide you with the best solution, as they always do. Woman Wink 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

The same thing happened to mine AND the band is losing it's elasticity. I'm not sure if its due to the sweat around the wrist band or what, but I may have to contact customer support as well. I haven't had mine long enough for it to be worn out like it is. I bought a sleeve from Amazon to cover it up in an attempt to keep it together, but now it won't work at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey @K_shepp welcome to the Community! The Fitbit trackers are designed to stand the sweatiest workouts, and if you take good care of your band, it should last. Mine has more than one year, and the band is perfect shape, so what is happening with yours sounds pretty bad. But don't worry, Customer Support will take care of your case and get you back on track. Smiley Wink

I'll be around if you have more questions. Smiley Very Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine 7 months.  The side of the bit case is now separating from the top screen.  I am going to try some super glue  I have taken very good care of my Fitbit so disappointed it is already falling apart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @dlhnj! well, to be honest with you, super glue is a good alternative solution, but temporary, so I suggest you to get in touch with Fitbit Support directly. I'm pretty sure they will offer you the best solution! 

Have a great day! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
Hi @dlhnj!,

Contact FitBit customer service. They're pretty awesome. The same thing happened with my HR and they sent me a refurbished one within a few weeks of getting all of my information. The only other issue is that the same thing happened after wearing the "new" HR for about a month. I eventually gave that one away and opted for the Alta. Hope everything works out!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh! sounds great that Support replace your defective tracker, but is not cool that the same issue happened with the new one you received. Woman Frustrated However, I'm glad to hear that you are using the Fitbit Alta! I'm using the same one and let me tell you that is pretty cool and comfortable, the only thing I miss is the hear rate monitor, but everything else is great! So I hope you enjoy it as I do. 

Let me know if you have questions, I'll be around @K_shepp

Best Answer

I realise this is a old post - but this may be useful...

When removing the plug after charging, hold the back of the case immediately adjacent to the sides of the power socket rather than holding some other part of the device.  This may prevent the cracking and/or make any DIY repair last longer.

The reasoning here is that if you look carefully at the power plug it has a little metal lug each side, where it plugs in. I believe the cracked case is cause by one or both of these lugs sometimes catching the edge of the hole in the plastic case as you pull the plug out, thus stressing the case and breaking it at the weakest point - where the case joins the face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Mutaupi, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing those recommendations. I'm pretty sure that they will help out other users to solve this inconveniences. 🙂 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes