Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing straps and a realization

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just an fyi, I just changed the strap on my charge 3 after years of continuous wear. The new band wouldn’t adhere to the device and I came to the realization of how disgusting I am. Sweat, sunblock, dirt, and who knows what else was making it impossible to install. Take your devices off and clean them once in a while to not have the same gross realization I had lol. Lesson learned

Moderator edit: Label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LZeeW Thanks for your input and sharing the direct link to the wear and care tips. 

@koffi88 Welcome to the forums. I appreciate you taking the time to share your own experience with the community. Yes, it is recommended to clean the band regularly. Here you find Fitbit's Wear and Care recommendations. Thanks again, happy stepping!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @koffi88 and welcome to the Community.  Thank you for sharing your experience and insight.  There is one thing I want to add.  Things like sunblock can weaken the seals on a Fitbit.  Fitbit's Wear and Care recommendations specifically say that you should avoid direct contact with sunscreens and insect repellants.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW Thanks for your input and sharing the direct link to the wear and care tips. 

@koffi88 Welcome to the forums. I appreciate you taking the time to share your own experience with the community. Yes, it is recommended to clean the band regularly. Here you find Fitbit's Wear and Care recommendations. Thanks again, happy stepping!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes