Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing wrists

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to change to my left wrist but the clock face is then upside down.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Cammish, is it also backwards?  If your clock face is backwards *and* upside down then a restart will fix it. 

If it is only upside down, then I am afraid the only solution is to turn it the right way up!  

When you wear it on your right wrist the button will be on the hand side.  When you wear it on the left, the button has to be on the arm side.  Unfortunately that is just the way it is designed and the orientation cannot be flipped.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, @Cammish, is it also backwards?  If your clock face is backwards *and* upside down then a restart will fix it. 

If it is only upside down, then I am afraid the only solution is to turn it the right way up!  

When you wear it on your right wrist the button will be on the hand side.  When you wear it on the left, the button has to be on the arm side.  Unfortunately that is just the way it is designed and the orientation cannot be flipped.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wanted it on my left wrist with the button on the outside! Oh well 😔
Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, that is not possible!  But I am told that those who wear it on their left hand do get used to that orientation, so hopefully you will too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Darn, I had to move mine to the right and was hoping I could have the button on the arm side like I had on the left but I see that isn't possible! Silly to have the setting saying which arm if the face doesn't change!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Feude that 'which arm' setting is not to adjust the face -- it is to change the sensitivity setting -- the algorithm alters slightly if you are wearing it on your dominant wrist rather than non dominant.  Because the dominant hand moves more often, the Fitbit needs to be a little LESS sensitive (expect more hand movements) so you are less likely to get too many false hand "steps" 

It isn't a silly setting, but it does not change the orientation, only the sensitivity level.

I hope that makes sense!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the explanation! That makes sense and I didn't even think of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia. I set my charge 2 up for right wrist but feel as my dominant wrist it is measuring false steps. Understand why it asked when setting up whether right or left. I wondered how to let fitbit know im changing to left side so that it maintains accuracy. Any ideas??

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can change your wrist in the app when you click on the Charge 2 at the
top right.
Best Answer

Found it. Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought what you describe is the "Handedness" function, while the the solution for changing display orientation when changing wrist should be the "Wrist" function. But it doesn't work that way. So why is it a  change "Wrist" function then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is almost 2020 and Fitbit programmers still can’t make the watch face readable on a left or right wrist while keeping the button on the elbow side of the arm!

that is just dumb!!!!

get with program people!!

👎👎👎☹️☹️☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes