Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate lights very bright, not recording heart rate, draining battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 green heart rate lights, which were dim and flickering, are now on very bright green and solid, no regular flicker, but they seem to flash irregularly once.  They are not recording my heart rate and the battery is draining fast - 8-10% an hour, so the Fitibit battery is done in 10-12 hours.  I have reset the Charge 2 (attach to power, button 4 seconds, Fitbit screen) several times but the issue continues. It's about a year and a half old.  Can anyone assist?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Also, I am running firmware 22.55.02

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also gone into the heart rate settings and turned the Heart Rate to "Off" and then synched, the green lights are still on very brightly.  I would assume "of course", the heart rate is not registering.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, no heart rate. Tried restarting it, off on auto, nothing works. Time for Apple Watch I think.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in a similar situation.  HR started acting up a few weeks ago and now the green light is solid and nothing works to turn it off.  I've tried

1)  restarting

2)  allowing it to drain completely, recharging it and retrying

3)  turning off the Heart Rate tracking and synching in the app

Anyone find anything else that would be worthwhile to try?

Initially I wasn't too worried because I felt that Fitbit would replace if they couldn't find a solution (mine was about 2 months past warranty).  Unfortunately this is not the case (so you are likely out of luck too if yours is 1.5 years old).  I contacted Fitbit today and the best they are willing to do is give me a 25% discount (which can't be combined with any specials they have) and free shipping.  So disappointed with Fitbit.  These things are way too expensive to be disposable after a little more than a year.  I've always been a huge Fitbit fan (i've been with them for years and have owned many).  I recently bought the Versa also (which is even more expensive) and now I'm worried that it will also die after a year.  Most of the ones I've owned have died during the 1 to 2 year mark so if they're unwilling to replace in that time frame it's probably time to stop being a Fitbit customer.

Best Answer

My Charge 2 has just started to do the same. It is 2 years and 2 months old. Spoke to support and, surprise surprise, they offered me a 25% discount on a new device.

It is clearly a fault with the product, yet they do appear to want to recognise it on here and instead want loyal customers to purchase a new device.

This was my third, and last FB, sad day.

Best Answer
0 Votes