Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories change on app after syncing Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anybody else have their calories burned change after the workout is complete? For example, I typically burn 350-400+ calories during a 45-60 minute workout/spin class. When I stop the workout on my Fitbit, it will have a high calorie burned count. But then the app will only show 40-50 calories burned.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Aluziani! Hmmm... this is very strange my friend. Are you still seeing this after syncing? Has this happened since you got your Charge 2? 

Would you mind to share with me a screen shot showing the 40-50 calories on your Fitbit app? Also, if you could show me more details of your activities, that would be awesome so I can go from there. 

In the meantime, I recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. There's a new version for the iOS app.
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your Charge 2
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Also, I was just wondering if by any chance you manually logged activities?  Typically, your data will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over the data tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my tracker and walking and I reach 100 calories burned, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many calories you burned and it may bring my calorie count to something below 100. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your Fitbit.

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I’ll try those steps. I still see this after syncing. It doesn’t have a low calorie count on after every workout, it seems to randomly happen. The workouts are never logged manually. If anything, sometimes I have to “edit” the workout afterwards because I’ve forgotten to end my workout on my Fitbit. So I’ll edit the time ended, but I don’t believe I had to do that for the workouts that end up being low calorie. 9A8094B5-7C32-43BA-898C-B96FE33755B4.png

832DC023-DD5A-4B96-A074-BB066B58AB10.png

A0A78D26-8FAF-4DD7-A93E-AC5124C74DBF.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only does mine cut my calories in half it also does not track activity. I bought a new watch and new phone. I have reset everything possible and reinstalled everything. I’ve just come to the conclusion my next purchase will be a Apple Watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had this same problem. Charge 2 showed 200 calories burned at end of workout, the app is showing 23 calories burned. Was their any fix or is it a product glitch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa and this has happened to me atleast twice this week. My GPS has been screwed up for a couple weeks to I've been trying to figure it out. This is ridiculous. I feel tired but apparently try I've way over eaten now somehow atleast I thought I was a lite closer to target before it synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s annoying. I’m now conditioned to take note of my calories the instant I finish a workout so that I know what it is in case the system failure happens again. Ugh...

Best Answer
0 Votes