Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick view doesn't always work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got my Charge 2 a few days, but it seems to me that the Quick View feature doesn't always works perfectly. Other people having the same problem? It does work approx. 7 times on 10...

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Thanks for stopping by @mr.raySmiley Very Happy Mine works every time I turn the tracker towards me, like the picture below.

User-added image

If yours is not working properly, please try restarting it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Your tracker should now work normally. Let me know if that worked! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi -

Just purchased the Charge 2 yesterday. I am experiencing the exact same issue with QuickView only working from time to time. I restarted (twice), I turned OFF and ON the Quickview switch in the settings without a positive effect. If I want this to work, I have to turn my wrist very hardly for the Charge 2 to detect my movment.

From my point of view, it looks like the (software) sensitivity of the movment is not set high enough to detect that I am twisting my wrist (i.e. it requires a strong/brutal movment to activate the display of the screen). Having said so, if this is a software/firmware issue, it does not explain why only very few people are reporting the incorrect behavior I am experiencing..

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you and have a great day!

Philippe

Best Answer
I have the same problem. Very disappointed in this product.
Best Answer

Quick view doesn't require a jerky or fast motion, this could be detrimental. What it does require is the arm to be close to parallel before you start twisting your wrist. I find an angle of 40 degrees a little to big for QV to work. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Philreeth. @Alisa09, if you've already followed all instructions provided by @MarreFitbit and @Rich_Laue on how properly use the Quick View feature, and you've also tried the steps mentioned to restart the tracker, and restart the Quick View feature (On/Off), I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
I've tried. Still haven't gotten a reply from customer support.
Best Answer
9 times out of 10 when I turn my wrist, the displat comes on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alisa09, it's possible that it will take around 48 hours for you to receive a response from the Customer Support team, keep us posted if you get a response. 

Thanks for this information @MMV12

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

quick view doesn't work well for me either. I wanted a watch that tracked my exercise, at the moment, this fails at that. 

Best Answer

Hello @SteveSteveW your subject is about quickview but your "fails at that", is referring to the tracking of exercise. 

I'll go by the title. With your arm somewhat horizontal clock face up or away from you, twist your arm so you can see the face. Mine will turn on when the further actual unit is about 20° tipped up. 

Ok try this take the pebble out if the band, place in table facing you, lift the far end slowly uo. 

Best Answer

I have to start from horizontal and twist my arm untill the clock face is vertical - then it turns on. But the way my arm is shaped and the way the FitBit automatically settles on my arm I have to twist my arm and watch towards myself as far as I possibly can, which is uncomfortable.

Having the display light up at 10-20° prior to vertical would be nice - or having the option to calibrate it to where I would like it to turn on would be perfect

Best Answer
It still doesn't work well. I want a watch, the means you can read it
easily, not flipping your wrist backwards and forwards in a number of ways
trying to get the time out of it.
Best Answer

I too have mine a Charge2 this past week and the Quick View is about 60-70% effective

Best Answer

I see a lot of people with no comprehension of how to report feedback about technology. 

In order for a company to be able to implement fixes for the problems you are experiencing, you have to describe the problem and what is happening when it occurs. 

Do do a test to find out how to reproduce then describe this process. 

Here re is my suggestion:

readjust the tolerances of the sensor, to a level where it will turn the display on going from and to wider angles.  I think the lessened battery life will be worth it. 

Best Answer

Actually @gadgetboy. I noticed on my Charge 2 when twisting the arm the display lights up a lot easier than the other Fitbits, to the point that their have been complaints on this forum that it is now too sensitive. 

The key is to have the arm somewhat parallel to the floor. 

Best Answer

Hi, I've had the Charge 2 for about a week and had the same problem. I telephoned Fitbit Customer Service who referred me to Fitbit.com dashboard and walked me thru the process of turning on Quick View and then to sync. The CS Rep indicated it should be done thru this site. I tried it and so far it works, but I've noticed that it turns off periodically and that may be associated with always connected being on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is the problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes
What is the problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Judy, I've found that if the tracker is setup on 2 different devices, it
gets off, so whichever device you used to start with that is the device to
sync and get the correct data on the dashboard.
Best Answer
0 Votes