Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2: Calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About a week ago I started tracking my calories in vs my calories out using the app and today when I was reading up on it I realized it may not be all that accurate (I have a charge 2). I'm wondering what I need to do to helpme lose 1-2 lbs per week. I tried setting my Fitbit to take in 1,000 calories less than I burn. This past week I've been taking in between 900-1,100 calories per day and according to the app I've been burning around 2,000-2,300 per day. I have a desk job so most of my calories burned are at night when I'm either outside running with my little guy, walking at the park, or jogging in place. I average 12,000 steps and 5 miles. Any suggestions on adjustments I could make to help with weight loss?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @onyxsylph I'm glad to see you again participating in our forums! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'm happy to know that we're part of your healthy lifestyle to loss weight. First, I suggest you to check our help article: How does Fitbit estimate how many calories I've burned? for a better understanding of how your Charge 2 will estimate the calories you burn and How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?. Also, you can set a weight goal? with your Fitbit account, you can track your progress towards a body fat goal and/or a goal for losing, gaining, or maintaining weight.  If you have a Fitbit food plan, you can also synchronize the goals with your plan. For more information on food plans, see: How do I track my food with Fitbit?

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes