Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Not Tracking Elliptical

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought I set my Charge 2 correctly to auto track elliptical but my exercise history never shows it.  I would really like to see how I'm doing on cardio, fat burning, peak.  I know the heart rate monitor on the elliptical itself doesn't work.  Could that be the issue?  If not, what do I need to do to get the tracker to follow elliptical activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply @Timefit! Yes, in order for you to get more accurate results after you finish your elliptical exercise, is to manually start that activity on the Charge 2 itself, then sync your Fitbit and you'll see your detailed data. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

The safest way is not to rely on auto-recognition, but to use side button to start and stop exercise session.  That was you can always be sure to get credit for full workout, and not have the possible issue of it calling it the wrong type of exercise.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for this guidance.  I appreciate it very much.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Timefit, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I'd like to give you a hand on this. You mentioned that it seems like your heart rate is not being tracked when you are doing elliptical, so let me ask you this, instead of your HR readings, are you looking this "--"? 

As @JohnnyRow said, it is better if you use the treadmill option from your Charge 2 itself, to get more accurate results. 

Please let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!  I have learned that it is best to turn on the elliptical tracking before starting my one-hour session.  The tracker doesn't otherwise "know" to begin tracking the movement, which is a deficiency that will probably be corrected in future versions.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Timefit! Yes, in order for you to get more accurate results after you finish your elliptical exercise, is to manually start that activity on the Charge 2 itself, then sync your Fitbit and you'll see your detailed data. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes