Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Charge 2 be able to sync consistently? I am the proud owner of three Charge HR's. Thanks Fitbit, you sent me two extra because I was still covered under the waranty... Too bad that none of them sync after a day or two. I have been following-up with this concern since January... still no firmware/app fix. Thank you Fitbit for making another device with a "huge update" and attempting to "force" me to buy a new tracker! "Force" went so well last time!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title, removed all-caps and bold text.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@squaresine The expected behavior for all Fitbit trackers is to sync consistently.

If you are having trouble with syncing your Charge HR, the sync troubleshoots mentioned here should help.

If the problem persists after troubleshooting, I'd then recommend reaching out to Fitbit Support for additional assistance. They will do their best to help you get back on track.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I too would like to know how the Charge 2 might sync differently than the Charge HR. Syncing is a serious chore that usually takes 5-10 minutes to complete. I've gone through all the suggestions such as restore the device as new, but the long syncing issue always comes back. Hoping to hear that you've sped things up this time around.

Best Answer

@wilef wrote:

I too would like to know how the Charge 2 might sync differently than the Charge HR. Syncing is a serious chore that usually takes 5-10 minutes to complete. I've gone through all the suggestions such as restore the device as new, but the long syncing issue always comes back. Hoping to hear that you've sped things up this time around.

It sounds like you have a unit with a problem there (or a phone/computer/slow internet problem I suppose). For me the Charge 2 sync in the same 10-30 second window as every other Fitbit device I've used.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Charge 2 and it synced fine.  Once.  Now it seems to get about half way done then craps out.

I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps except for restarted the Fitbit, as I don't have the charger handy.  I'll give that a try, and maybe try connecting it to my P.C. instead of my iPhone and see if that works.

I know the Bluetooth connection to the iPhone is working okay because my text messages are getting forwarded to the Charge 2, it just won't finish syncing.

It looks like it may be the "Stuck Update" issue.  It does say there is an update available but then only gets 25%-50% done loading and then errors out saying "there was a problem communicating with your tracker".

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Got it to sync once or twice this week, then it simply gets 1/4 or 1/2 way through then stops. Bluetooth is good and battery is full.

Best Answer

My Charge 2 only take maybe 30-60 seconds to sync.

You got to be doing something worng if it is taking that long.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have had three different trackers and they all had trouble syncing, it might be your phone that has a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the Wireless Dongle from a previous Fitbit and tried syncing through Fitbit Connect.  It didn't work initially but then I did a restart on the Charge 2 and it completed the update and the sync.  Now it is also syncing fine with my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this to no avail. It syncs for a while, then says the fitbit has 'lost connection', which seems like what it is doing on the app as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did that as well until I restarted the Charge 2 itself, which you need to have plugged into the charger to do.  Plug it in, then hold the button down for about 4 seconds.  After that it was able to finish installing the update and then synced ok.

Best Answer

@ob1knorrb @ZTZ1010 If you are still having trouble with syncing your Charge 2, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Restart your Charge 2.
2. Reboot your mobile device.
3. Open your phone's settings > turn Bluetooth off for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.
4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps you both out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Nope. I've tried ALL of the troubleshooting steps listed in various places within the fitbit site, to no avail. I chatted with customer service this morning who also provided ZERO help on the subject. I have been able to get my fitbit to sync properly 2-3 times properly since I received it Monday. I had hopes that the app update today would rectify the issue but it has not.

I used the USB dongle and clicked "try again" for about an hour this morning and was able to get it to sync ONCE.  It continuously says "tracker has lost connection" or some obscure message about an unknown error occurring. That seems to be exactly what happens when I try to sync with the app also. It gets about 1/8 of the way through, then the connection indicator goes from green to grey and the sync fails.

When I attempted to chat with customer service, she (Cecilia) essentially told me that there was nothing that I could do since it had synced that ONE time. She gave me the run around suggesting that it was either my bluetooth connection or my internet connection causing it to fail. That's interesting considering I'm on a BRAND new iPhone 7 Plus, and using a wired connection with a 120gbps connection.

I'll be returning my charge 2 and buying either a Garmin or Apple watch in the near future. 

Best Answer
How long have you had your Charge 2? I've never received a message which is what started this whole malarkey and now I see that I am also having problems with it synking.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Received it Monday, 9/5 I believe

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done all the suggested steps and can't get my iPhone 6s to sync either. Strangely my iPad will sync and doesn't suddenly stop syncing. I'd really like to have my iPhone be my synced device because of convenience and for the GPS function-can't very well go running with an iPad in my hand or pocket! There is quite a group of us now that have tried all the suggested steps and still can't sync. Fidbit, you need to step up to the plate and fix this. It really irks me to see problems listed as "solved" when it is so clear that it hasn't been!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR synched.. and my Charge 2 has been synching fine.. then today, after a good day for me where I've walked over 6 miles, I find it hasn't synched since 3:20am and it won't synch via my phone, via my kindle fire (which is where I usually synch.

Fitbit Connect doesn't work, but it never has for my Charge 2, despite having a dongle.

I hate losing this record, as I use my lifetime miles to report to a group.

And my HR now belongs to a friend, so I can't just go back to that..  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge 2 has been synching fine. Recommended you a extended charginf cable for the charge 2. http://amzn.to/2dQ53BZ
Best Answer

Hello guys @ZTZ1010 @Chickenlover @HH2016 @Seamonkey @eloto!  Have you all tried what @DerrickS shares here? If so, but that didn't work, please follow the steps that @Thray provides in this post.

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Charge 2 for Christmas, and finding that it has trouble syncing with an iphone 6 but less so with an iphone 4s.  The heart rate data does not update on the iphone 6 without turning the iphone completely off.  It does not suffice to turn the bluetooth on and off.  Not a problem on the iphone 4S.  Also I don't get messages from my phone as promised.  This device seems not ready for primetime, and is more of a prototype that and tried and true tested commercial device.  Also the graphics and data download capabilities are primative.  Why can't I simply expand my heart rate graph on the phone to zoom in on a particular hour or so of excercise?  Why can't I download all the heart data to excel.  I really don't recommend anybody get this tracker until ALL the bugs are worked out and it comes with more state of the art softward.  How this became a commercial product is beyond me.

Best Answer
0 Votes