Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 - Waterproof

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Charge 2 is not supposed to be waterproof.  Last week I was in Honduras for a week of scuba diving.  Normally I would remove my FitBit before starting any dive.  On one day, however, I put my wet suit on without realizing that I had not taken off my FitBit and proceeded to do two dives - the first to about 90 feet and the second to about 70 feet.  When I went to take off the wet suit I realized that I was still wearing the FitBit and fearing that all would be lost I touched the button and to my surprise it was working.  A week later it's still working as normal.  Relief on my part.

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @DonaldMackaySmiley Very Happy Wow, thanks for sharing your experience using Charge 2 when doing scuba diving. 

As you know, all Fitbit trackers and watches are water-resistant, which means they are rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. Fitbit Flex 2 and Fitbit Ionic are water-resistant up to 50 meters. Even you have worn your tracker during your week in Honduras, we don't recommend swimming or showering with your Fitbit device unless it is noted as water-resistant up to 50 meters.

However, I'm glad to hear that your buddy is working like a charm! Woman Very Happy Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Is your charge 2 still working after the driving experience 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes without any problems. Now remember that it was under the sleeve of my wet suit but still it survived a dive to about 90 feet underwater.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well i was looking at my working Charge 2 today and was wondering why so much salt on it and realized i forgot to take it off on my 2 dives this morning. Both went to 65 feet ~45 minutes/each and the Fitbit was only under my rashguard and seem to still be working. So...hell yeah :)))

*Maybe I should avoid sleep deprivation next time i go diving. 😐

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s in Greece last year and went for a 15 minute swim in the sea before realising I was still wearing me Charge HR. No wetsuit or other cover. Still working like a charm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have worn my Fitbit Charge 2 in the pool several times by accident and still works like a charm!!  Thank you! 

Best Answer

I am so bummed here. I was paddle boarding and dipped in the water to cool off for a minute and my display is no longer working. I didn't even dive a foot down! It charges and syncs and counts but no display. I've had it for a year so the warranty is no good and now I have to buy ANOTHER one. This is my third one! The first two broke due to the straps being poorly adhered (no water damage as the formers were not water resistant).  I am happy ya'lls work. I am just heart broken mine doesn't. Is it time for me to try an Apple watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s bad luck. Give the watch a miss and stick with Fitbit. I think they’re working on a waterproof one, but you’ve been unlucky I think. They do say it’s not waterproof. My experience is to the contrary (but I still never wear it paddle boarding), and haven’t had problems with straps
Best Answer
0 Votes

The new Versa and the upcoming Charge 3 are up to 50 meters waterproof - so you can essentially swim with them if you want to, @Taetae105

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering if my Fitbit charge2 was water resistance since I wear it in the shower. Works great! 

Best Answer

Do you think I will be able to wear my Fitbit charge 2 for tough mudder

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmm i think I did and it was fine but I wouldn’t risk it. I was on my third fitbit, the last being newest one that’s capable of being warn into a couple meters of water and it stopped working after one session of laps in a pool. I’m switching to Apple Watch 😕

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wouldn’t risk it. I got away with it in the sea but wouldn’t choose to test it again as it’s clearly stated that it’s not waterproof. If you had something to protect it from a soaking or a mud bath, then perhaps it might survive.
Good luck in your event.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I expect your fitbit was protected inside your suits seal?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bare arms - no wetsuit as I was in warm water
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah I see. I'm in the north of Scotland. Dry suits are essential here 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in Havasu this weekend and did the same thing. I jumped off the boat accidentally with my Fitbit on to go cliff diving and swam about 150 yards to get there. My Fitbit Charge 2 still works great after the swim there and back + the dives. Cool!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes