Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 band breaking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 Which I have had for almost a year.  I am on my 4th band, They keep breaking on the plastic piece that attaches to the fitbit itself.  I am not sure if this is still under warranty as I am either over a year or close to it, however, if this keeps happening, I can't afford to continue to replace the band every 3-4 months if even that long.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

Hi,

Not sure why I'm still on this forum - moved on to a grief free fitness tracker that can cope with real life. 

On my "journey" with Fibit I got asked the same pointless usage questions, even if you work in a duvet factory or pack marshmallows for a living your Fitbit is at risk from strap failure. 

On the upside assuming Google complete due diligence and purchase Fitbit there might be a culture change from treating customers as an annoyance to appreciating the value of keeping customers happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issue with my fitbit, I've had it for 4 months, gentle use, and the strap has fallen apart.  I've requested a new one under warranty, but the core issue is that the hardware is poorly designed.  It simply should not fall apart after 4 months.  I had a similar issue with my last fitbit, where they provided multiple replacements under warranty, but they all fell apart, and I ended up supergluing together a 'Frankenstein' hybrid that worked, but looked terrible.  It became a joke talking point, but not a talking point that was terribly positive for Fitbit.  I thought, wrongly, that the hardware resilience issues were so well known that they'd fix them with the latest products, but that is clearly not the case.  

Best Answer

Thanks, I am not obviously alone in this delmia!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going poor replacing bands.

Best Answer

Hi,

The "fitness for purpose" approach works. Fitbit stopped repeated requests for photo's and proof of purchase in an instant and quickly sent a new strap.

They realise they have a problem, but Fitbit adheres to the priciples from the Ostrich School Of Management - stick your head in the sand and the problem vanishes.

Cheers

Best Answer

I have been a Fitbit user for at least nine years and I've probably had five different Fitbits during that time. No matter what I do, the band breaks. Sometimes Fitbit replaces it, most of the time not. I bought Fitbit replacement bands, alternative replacement bands, done everything I can do to protect the band, and it still breaks. I will never own another Fitbit. Right now I am looking at other products because I need a fitness tracker that will last at least two years before I need to replace it.

Best Answer

One other comment,  I actually think it is not a band problem. I think the part of the Fitbit tracker  that attaches to the band gets worn out and the band cannot adhere to the Fitbit tracker properly.

Best Answer

The fact of the matter is I don't want another Fitbit even if it were free.  It will just end up breaking again and I need to get out of this endless cycle of replacing bands and Fitbits.   The other problem is when the band breaks, there is a likelihood of losing the Fitbit since it just falls off.  Fitbit's strategy appears to be one of planned obsolescence, by having customers replace bands and ultimately replace their Fitbit with newer models, they are generating longer term sales revenue.  It's time to get off of the merry-go-round.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit needs to fix the issue on Charge 2.

I wonder

if they see these complaints

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

The strap / pebble fixing is simply not fit for purpose, therefore you have a very strong case for a replacement and the recovery of reasonable costs incuured.

The "fitness for purpose" approach works. Fitbit stopped repeated requests for photo's and proof of purchase in an instant and quickly sent a new strap.

They realise they have a problem, but Fitbit still adheres to the priciples from the Ostrich School Of Management - stick your head in the sand and the problem vanishes, along with sales.

revenue.

One day Fitbit will realise the true value of customer retention. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Charge 2 band. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies. Please direct to customer support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes