Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I having my Charge 2 for less than 2 years and today (03/05/19) it start having problem on battery draining-off in less than 5 minutes. From 100% to 0%. It repeats the same after i charge.

Please let me know any service center i can send to for repair.

Thanks.

K Y 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hello @K_Y a warm welcome to our Community! Let me help you out with your battery behavior.

Seems odd that your device's battery life is lasting less than 5 minutes. Let me share with your that our Charge 2 device was designed to last 5 days, but the battery life also depends on how frequently you use it’s features. I’ll recommend charging your Charge 2 with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall, then turn off all the features that you don’t use and check this help article for more tips and recommendations.

Also, I recommend you to try restarting your device to refresh it’s performance. At this moment we do not have any service center to check your device. However, please take in consideration the information that was mentioned and let me know how it goes.

I'll be here if you need anything else. Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here with short battery life.  Just a couple of days ago things were working fine, then suddenly it was completely dead.  It had been fully charged the day before.  I thought the whole thing was dead since initially it would not charge.  Today I finally got it to charge, but will drain with little activity in just a few hours.  Purchased Sept, 2017, so it isn't that old.  Battery seems to just be shot.  Reading these posts, there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same problem too. I purchased my Charge 2 in April 2017, with only 2 years lifespan,  the battery drained from 100% to 0% in a couple of minutes. I have seek for help from Fitbit twice but there is nothing much that they can help. The same explanation towards the end:-

1) The warranty period has over. 

2) You can visit our stores to get a replacement (i.e. to buy a new tracker). (It doesn't help if you have already lost your confidence with the short lifespan).  

Best Answer

Hey guys! Welcome to our Community Forums @br549cc @Suezz, I'm happy to assist with your concerns.

@br549cc Can you please confirm if the steps above from my previous post were took in consideration? Seems completely odd that after not charging, your device is responsive again but not holding charge. As previously mentioned, I recommend a restart to refresh your device performance. I'll be here if you need further assistance. 

@Suezz Thanks for sharing your experience with our Charge 2 device. I was informed by our Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding this situation, therefore, I recommend you to contact them if you have any additional questions about their resolution. For any inquiry related to our warranty policies, please check: Return Policy and Warranty.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RicardoFitbit ,

My Charge 2 was purchase July 2017 and i only activated minimum features (only text notification. Menu items only heart rate & battery) since beginning till date (May 2019). I only charged my fitbit when it hits low percentage (20 or below) and always charged to full (100%) within one hour (certified outlet). 

I have tried the steps mentioned and restarting the device but result remain the same. The Charge 2 auto switch-off after few minutes. Then i connected it with the charger, it shows low-batt (0%). It only take a few minutes, then the device show fully charged. When i unplug and and use it, the cycle repeat.

All while i never have any problem with the charge 2 until this happen.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit  Exactly the same issue as people above. Full charge overnight from a wall socket, and charge lasted maybe 6 hours with no use. Charge indicator went from "medium charge" to "low" in an hour or so with me seated. Phone also lost the bluetooth connectivity with the Fitbit: phone wasn't finding the Fitbit at all, all other bluetooth functioning fine

Device was working perfectly fine until less than 24 hours ago. No drops, shocks, or visible damage on the device

I have done the contact cleaning and restarting the device numerous times as stated by the moderator. No luck. This started after I installed the latest upgrade to the phone app, which makes me think there might be a correlation. I bought the device less than 2 years ago.

Please advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit In addition to my previous message: I tried two different charger cables, and three different USB chargers. The chargers *work* inasmuch as the Fitbit shows the battery loading, or full. One of the charges was overnight -several hours- plugged to a functioning wall socket charger. Charge lasted 6-7 hours tops.

Also, the latest two charges I made, the battery went from showing as completely drained, to showing as completely full in a *very* short period of time, I'd say around 15 minutes or less. This doesn't sound correct.

I have notifications off, one alarm one day of the week. I didn't get calls or text messages. There had been no noticeable decrease in battery life until this point, it was a sudden occurrence.This kicked off yesterday after I disabled quick view, when approaching the tracker later I found the battery was dead, and then the *fun* started.

Firmware is 22.55.02; I am using the iOS app on an iPhone updated on May 1st.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all the recommendations multiple times with no success. It seems the battery went from fully functional to failure overnight. Perhaps that is the failure signature of the type battery used. It does seem odd.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again! Welcome aboard @AnaW, I appreciate your replies and updates @K_Y and @br549cc I'm happy to continue assisting you guys.

@K_Y Thanks for all the details that were provided and for taking in consideration the steps that were previously posted. I'd like to let you know that I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to receive further assistance with them. I recommend you to periodically check your email for their contact. Same for you @br549cc, our Support team was contacted on your behalf as well. 

@AnaW Upon reviewing the details from both of your posts I was notified by our Support team that a ticket was already created for your concern so they'll be in touch with you soon. Please keep an eye to your email for their contact. 

In the meantime our Support team contact you guy, let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @RicardoFitbit. I'm glad to hear so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 has done exactly the same thing. Please let me know if you get any assistance. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

This suddenly began happening to my charge 2 device this week. I'm glad there's a ticket to hopefully address the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am in touch with support. As a follow up, my battery now goes from fully drained to full in about 33 minutes. I put it on at 12:12, the battery was already showing as medium at 12:16, and drained completely by 12:20, with all the notifications, views, alarm and the rest off. This looks like the battery is dead, or else something went really bad after the app upgrade on the 1st that is draining it. 

I’ll keep posting as I hear more from support 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great, thanks. I reeeally don't want to replace my divice right now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

hello 

I'm new to this forum and am experiencing the same problems with battery life. I got my fit bit Christmas of 2017. I would like to know if anything can be done, I have done all the steps that you suggested and nothing works.  I love my fit bit but expected it to last longer. I don't want to have to replace it every couple years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact support, see what they say. Sometimes issues can be sorted out on the user side, sometimes they can't, and what we seem to be experiencing is something that can't be sorted by ourselves.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue. Seems like a product defect to me. I tried cleaning the contacts using rubbing alcohol and a tooth brush like the instructions say, but the battery will only last about 6 hours after unplugging it from a full charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted by the Support team and I have done the steps given. No surprises happened. My device condition remain the same. 

- No option to service the device 

- Beyond warranty period

I appreciates the efforts provided by the supporting team but great disappointment on the product quality control.

I will not consider to purchase another Fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If they don't fix this or somehow compensate me, I'm going to another manufacturer. As it is, I've replaced the band on this twice until I finally found another manufacturer of bands for way less money and much higher quality. I love my new band, and it's leather! It's very frustrating to have to charge this device every few hours. What's the point of having it if you have to turn off all of the features? If we're all having the same issue, it is a product defect that needs to be addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes