Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I having my Charge 2 for less than 2 years and today (03/05/19) it start having problem on battery draining-off in less than 5 minutes. From 100% to 0%. It repeats the same after i charge.

Please let me know any service center i can send to for repair.

Thanks.

K Y 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I thought I had posted last night, but nothing shows up.  I'm going to try again.  I have some hope that Fitbit will solve this problem.  As with most of you I've tried all the suggestions with no success.  I've chatted with support and tried all they suggested until they gave up.  The offer was for a discount to purchase a replacement, which I'm not inclined to do just now.  However, I have had some success with disabling all the battery draining options suggested on the website.  I finally got my charge 2 fully charged and reset yesterday morning.  I placed it in service on my wrist at 7:47 AM yesterday.  It is currently 10:27 AM almost 27 hours later.  The app shows the battery at medium charge.  It seems clear that one of the options is causing the rapid battery drain, but at this point I don't know which one.  Reading through the other threads on this forum I noticed that many others were experiencing the same issues, but posting under other threads.  I have hope that the support team will eventually figure out that the problem was caused by something they did with a recent update or software or firmware.  Then they will be able to fix the problem.  Right now my charge 2 is only tracking steps, but hopefully I'll be able to add options once they figure out the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, my apologies for the delayed reply. I'd like to give a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community to @enriquaew @W_D @Abbydabby31 and @heatherteck. Also, thanks for your replies @K_Y @AnaW and @br549cc.  

For everyone who is already in touch with our Customer Support team, my recommendation is to contact them back if any additional questions about their assistance remains unresolved, also, for more details about their resolution. Please note that for any warranty process after exhausting troubleshooting steps they'll refer to our limited purchase warranty policies to move forward. Always keep an eye to your email inboxes for any update from them as they usually get in touch soon. Let me share that Fitbit is always striving to improve our products and services, the feedback that was submitted on this thread is greatly appreciated because such information help us to evaluate our procedures as a reference in future scenarios. 

@enriquaew I'm glad to know that you love your Charge 2 the same way as we do, thanks for troubleshooting this matter prior posting. I'd like to know which steps you tried at the moment? If you haven't already done so, can you please try the steps that were mentioned in my previous post? I'll be looking to your reply. Same for you @W_D please take in consideration this information and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a follow up to previous post, after I finally got my charge 2 fully charged, reset, and disabled all the battery draining options I was able to get 48 hours service before it indicated battery low.  That was a couple of days ago.  I've since enabled all the options I had disabled.  Overnight the battery said medium charge. I charged it several hours yesterday and put it back on my wrist last evening.  It has been about 18 hours and it still says battery full.  I have notifications on, heartrate auto, reminders on, quick view on, and All-day sync on.  I'll reserve final judgement, but it seems that my charge 2 may have healed itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  I received this as a gift and it's pretty useless now, as it doesn't hold a charge for more than a few hours despite resetting and going through all the recommended procedures. I really expected it to hold up longer than this... Is there no option to replace it or the battery or something? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again! Welcome aboard @Liz.A and thank you for your reply and update @br549cc, I'm here to continue providing assistance. 

@br549cc I'm happy to know that the battery of your Charge 2 is now working the way we designed it. Do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any unanswered questions, I'll be here. Smiley Happy

@Liz.A First, let me appreciate your time and effort troubleshooting this situation prior contacting us. To move forward, I'd like to let you know that our Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them. That said, I recommend you to keep an eye to your email inbox for their contact, they'll be in touch with you soon.

I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 battery has all of a sudden started to drain in less than a day. Additionally, it needs to be paired/connected every day and sometimes many times during the day to my SAMSUNG S9+. I’ve searched the web and these two issues, among others, are known issues for quite awhile and for many people. I’ve tried all the suggestions and spent many hours on this and it’s frustrating. Why does this happen to some and not to others? How do I get a replacement or upgrade? Not looking for anything free, just for something I buy to work properly and for a reasonable amount of time! Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes