Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is over 3 years old and has reliably given a charge for about 3 days. Now it has dropped to a few hours.  Is the battery at end of life? Can it be replaced or is a new fitbit the only option? Is this the expected lifetime for a battery?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@mbetts Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

I will assist you with your Charge 2 battery draining quickly. Please try these suggestions to help improve the battery life. Additionally try cleaning the contacts using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this, restart your device and see how it behaves. Finally the battery lifetime will depend on how you use it, how you charge it and it isn't replaceable. 

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Alvaro. I had already tried what you had suggested and restarted the Charge 2 multiple times, none of which seemed to make any difference! I had almost given up as the battery indicator on the fitbit was going down from 100% to 15% in a few hours. After the last attempt however it remained at 89% for most of the day and it now appears to be back to normal!

I normally charge it every 2-3 days on a USB wall charger and have done this for about 3 years with no problems. So hopefully one of the resets worked and the battery will last a bit longer.

Two questions however.

1. What is the expected lifetime for the battery and therefore the device? (with typical usage charging every 2-3 days).

2. A video on YouTube shows how to replace the battery. While this is not recommended for a novice (I am an electronics engineer) I am surprised Fitbit doesn't either offer this as a service, or recommend a third party who could perform this operation, especially as my Fitbit is otherwise working fine and I shouldn't need to buy a new one. Hopefully future models will come with replaceable, rechargeable batteries.

Best Answer
0 Votes