Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 counting too many steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my charge 2, brand new and ive been sitting for an hour and it is constantly counting steps.. I am at 4,000 rn and I have not moved a muscle. Help!!!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ckinzie,

Let's see if we can get your Charge 2 back on track with step counting.

Please perform a restart on the tracker, 3 times in a row from the instructions below. Then let us know if that fixed it.

Restart Fitbit Tracker

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@ckinzie Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Remember that the Charge 2 is a motion sensor and will translate said motion to steps. There may be instances in which you may be moving your hands but won't be actually walking and the tracker may count steps. Things like clapping, playing the drums or burping a baby could cause that your tracker count steps. Try wearing it on your non dominant hand but select that hand as dominant on your tracker's settings to decrease the sensitivity of your tracker. Feel free to restart your tracker too by following @WavyDavey instructions. You can also negate steps counted by logging a driving activity.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I travel in an underground every day & my steps get over counted by miles. Even in free apps you can change the sensitivity but can't found one in this one. Very sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I travel in underground every day & my steps are way off. Even free apps had sensitivity to adjust but can't find a way to do it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with 2218 steps when I just woke up in the morning . I left my charger back home when travelling . Can you please advise if there is a way to fix the problem without restarting ?

Best Answer
0 Votes