Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 didn't reset at midnight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, image.pnglast night my charge 2 did not rest at midnight. So all of yesterday's data (steps, floors, calories burned and distance) have been added on to today's count. However my water and calories food in have been reset back to zero. Things I have tried to fix this;

resst my charge 2

make sure my time zone was correct (it was and I haven't changed time zones)

deleted app of my phone and reinstalled it. 

How can I fix this or is my charge 2 faulty? 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

This happens when for some reason the Fitbit does not receive the signal to reset.  The most common reason is during travel, when people change timezones and the clock "jumps over" midnight.

It will also happen if you do an upgrade around midnight -- as before it won't see the signal to reset.

Very occasionally this will happen for no apparent reason.  I am not sure why -- it may be that like all electronic devices the Fitbit freezes briefly, and when it wakes up it has missed the signal.

Unless this happens to you frequently I would not think it is caused by a defective Fitbit. 

Unfortunately, once this has happened you will not be able to remove the steps by restarting or reinstalling the app.  However, everything should be back to normal tomorrow morning.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. I tried all of the things you tried as well to correct the issue, but with no success. 

We have paid a lot of money for reliability, so I hope that the Fitbit Customer Support is able to fix this issue and update our data ASAP. 

I had a $20 Misfit tracker for over a year with no issues, but less than a week the Fitbit is acting up...

Best Answer

Hi, @zts2004, as I mentioned above, none of those steps will delete your data, but hopefully it should mean that your Fitbit resets as normal at midnight and no further fix should be required.

Data can be deleted by logging driving and fhen creating a manual log with the correct data.  However I believe in this case you would need to log driving for all of yesterday and today so far.  Manual data does not count towards badges, challenges or friends' leaderboards.  This may not be a very practical solution for when the steps do not reset but it is available.

If you would like to get in touch with Customer Support you can find all contact details at contact.fitbit.com.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G, is the issue with travel/time zones something that fitbit development is working to resolve? I was not aware of this issue when I purchased my Charge2 and I travel weekly to a different time zone, so it is frustrating when my fitbit doesn't reset.

As your business is based on accurate counts/data, I am assuming your development team is actively working on a resolution so that time zone changes still trigger the midnight reset. Can you please confirm and, if possible, provide an estimated date of resolution?

Thank you so much!

Lisa

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lisaperkins00, I do not work for Fitbit.  I am a user like you, so I am unable to confirm anything about future updates.

However, I also travel often with my Fitbit (not as often as you..)

My advice is when travelling

1. Turn auto timezone OFF

2. Turn all day sync OFF

3. Make sure your Fitbit "sees" midnight in your old timezone when travelling east through timezones,  and change your timezone manually. When travelling west uodate your timezone before it would reach midnight in your old time zone.

4. Whenever you are ready to update your Fitbit tomezone, turn auto timezone back on.  Sync your Fitbit.  You will be in control of when it updates.

If you follow these steps, the. no worries!  Fitbit doesn't lose steps, doesn't carry steps over to the next day.  You are totally in control of when it updates.

When I have done this, it has never once failed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G Ahh sorry for the mistake. Thanks so much, I'll give it a try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Charge 2 yesterday and was out at a BBQ at midnight it didn't reset was that as it wasn't resting and do I have to have it Bluetooth to my phone for it to reset at midnight or does it do it in its own? Thanks x

Best Answer

@Janzibabe Thanks for joining us! Your tracker should reset at midnight automatically but if it didn't then please restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Your tracker should reset the next midnight without issues but you won't be able to modify today's steps.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not acceptable. You should have an override or something in the app so that we can manually reset it if it doesn't do so at midnight. 

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing - did not reset at midnight.  I've done all that has been suggested and it won't reset so I've left it off for day to see if it resets tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on day 4 of no resets - have not changed time zones (did change to daylight savings this past weekend, though).

I have done the plug in and hold the button 10-12 seconds deal, saw the firmware info, (which I never wrote down) three times now - nope, nothing, nada - still adding steps to the continuing total.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

happened to me now too. I presume due to winter time to summer time change? I didn't even leave the house yesterday. Just managed to do 10 000 steps indoors and and they have been added to today's 😞

Is there a away to at least correct it online?

thanks

Susan

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps are not resetting why

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hola55 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your steps didn’t reset at midnight and for the delay in my reply. This may happen when there is a change in timezone (due to travel or DST changes).  You can restart your device as this will help it reset the following midnight but it won’t remove the steps from the affected date.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes