Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 fitbit just died

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit died.  Nothing happens -- even when I go to charge it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Hoppitybop, thanks for stopping by!  Can you confirm what tracker you have? It seems that you have a Fitbit Alta HR instead of the Charge 2. I'm asking so I can provide with accurate troubleshooting steps to sort this out. Man Wink

In the meantime, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by following these steps:

Alta HR:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Charge 2

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know if you get anything on the display when attempting the restart, and please don't forget to mention the tracker you're having issues with. 

I'll be around! Robot wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Hoppitybop, thanks for stopping by!  Can you confirm what tracker you have? It seems that you have a Fitbit Alta HR instead of the Charge 2. I'm asking so I can provide with accurate troubleshooting steps to sort this out. Man Wink

In the meantime, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by following these steps:

Alta HR:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Charge 2

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know if you get anything on the display when attempting the restart, and please don't forget to mention the tracker you're having issues with. 

I'll be around! Robot wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am having the same issue but suggested steps won’t work! Any help??

Best Answer

hi all my fitbit died yessterday and nothing works. tried to plug it in left it fir the whole night to charge (somehow-even when screen was black and no light coming out of pulse thing) in the morning still nothing. still dead ,tried to do the reset,holding button doesnt work as well, i received my fitbit as a tech gift from vodafone and i dont even know if fitbit will take it back for a replacement,,, please advise i need help

Best Answer
0 Votes