Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 logging way too many floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone, I'm hoping you can help me out.

Starting 2 weeks ago my Fitbit has been logging way too many floors. It was always extremely accurate (my husband got it for me December 2016) and we hike a lot so I love being able to see how many floors I've climbed. 

I first noticed it when I had only climbed 4 floors for the day and it said I had climbed 75! Since then everyday has been a ridiculous number of floors.

I've reset it multiple times, and made sure the firmware was up to date and nothing has fixed it. I saw multiple places that a "solution" is to set it up as a new device- will that delete any of my information (lifetime miles, steps, badges, etc?) I haven't done it yet because I haven't seen anyone say it fixed the problem. 

It's not windy here, and I don't leave it by a fan. I don't wave my arm around crazy during the day or throw it up in the air or anything like that. It has stormed within the past 2 weeks, but it used to rain and storm everywhere we've lived (and that's all over the country - military) and I've never had this problem before. My husband has a Charge 2 as well and his floors are logging correctly.

Since it's been within a year can Fitbit replace it for me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I've been walking around (no elevation change) and it has logged 10 floors so far 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bump? Has anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey hey @madisonf, it is great to see new members around! Robot Very Happy Sounds pretty weird that all of the sudden, your Charge 2 is tracking way too many floors, but don't you worry, you'll get further assistance, just take a look at your inbox. 😉 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments. 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I am having this problem too. Logged 39 floors but I’m sure I’ve not done more than about 10 today. Also not sure how I could have 45 active minutes but not have the Fitbit recognize the 30 consecutive ones as an exercise walk. I have  auto recognize exercise set to 30 mins. Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same here, since a few days now counting stairs which I didn't take...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't done any stairs, and it suddenly gave me a medal for 50+ floors. I did drive to the shop in the car, but that was like a 5 min drive. It never made this error before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @Rachaelfit@kimpiedimpie and @SunsetRunner, it is great to see you around the forums! Smiley Happy I'd like to make you a few questions to find out why your Charge 2 is tracking so many stairs. By any chance, did you leave your Charge 2 close to a fan? How is the weather where you are located? Have you recently walked or run uphill? I'm asking this because If your device measures floors, it detects them using an altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure. Though your device is designed to look for pressure changes based on elevation gains, pressure changes due to other causes—such as a gust of wind, a weather change, or opening a door—can occasionally cause your device to register extra floors. 

Now, if none of these is your case, and your tracker still recording so many floors, I'd suggest you to try to restart it by following the instructions in this post to avoid this from happening again and let me know how it goes! 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

@HeydyF there was nothing special about the weather that week and it only happened in that week. Tbh I can't imagine a gust of wind making my tracker suddenly think I walked 50 floors 🙂

floors.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, thanks for that picture! So, it hasn't happened again, right? If so, let me explain to you that isn't possible to delete the extra floors that were recorded last week, but you can but you can achieve the same result by negating them:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. At the top of the screen click Log.
  3. Click the Activities tab.
  4. Under Log Activities, type in Driving and enter the date, duration, and start time.
  5. Click Log. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer

I also have this problem of extra floors. We had a very windy nor'easter, and my tracker logged 62 floors yesterday. This also gave me a number of badges that I did not earn, therefore want to delete. Entering that time as driving is not a good solution for me because I was genuinely exercising during the time I gained most of the false floors. I don't want to lose the step count for that time as well.

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat! I have no weather issues, and not the first time my Fitbit charger 2 has registered more flights of stairs then I have earned. I have never earned stairs climbed while on my treadmill until recently. There are some days I walk up and down my basement stairs, and my Fitbit won’t registar them, but a few days later it will all of the sudden show more flights then I did that particular day like it is playing catch up. However, yesterday between walking on my treadmill, and watching TV I earned 125 floors! Resetting doesn’t seem to be the fix since I have done this before! 

Best Answer

Same problem with my Fitbit Charge 2. It was tracking accurately all the way up until Fitbit had that software update problem that lasted a few days back in... December 2017 was it? Maybe it's coincidental, but since then, I've learned to totally ignore Fitbit's Floor report on my dashboard. It used to be very accurate. Now, it either doesn't log floors at all or acts like I'm climbing the Empire State Building. I'll get 0 floors on a day when I know I walked up at least 2 flights and on other days I'll hit 121 floors, which is just insane. I've always had to really push it to hit my goal of 20 and usually about 4-6 of those are a part of my natural routine and the rest are from me purposefully walking up and down the stairs in my house in order to hit my goal. It's a shame because now I don't even try to hit any stair goals because it's impossible fo me to track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not finding "Log" option on my dashboard

Best Answer

Ive just tried to log some driving to negate some extra steps ligged but it didnt devrease my values? Can you help with this? Im clocking up a lot of extra steps whilst driving and also whilst sleeping! Really discouraged with my fitbit tbh 😞

Best Answer

Tried logging driving as you said and it did not delete my false steps or floors.

Best Answer

Hello,

I tried doing as you suggested but nothing changed on my Fitbit itself, all of the steps, floors, and additional calories were still on there. I tried even deleting the activity for that time period but it would not let me. I understand that the movement of my arm causes it to happen but I even tried taking it off and placing it on the seat of my car but it still tracked the distance being traveled as steps. I was just trying to see if there was an updated solution. 

Best Answer

I did this with my Charge3 and it did not decrease my false steps, calories or distance 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see "Log" at the top of my dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way you can login specific timings for the entire month at once? 

For example - 5am to 6am and 5pm to 6pm everyday for the entire month..

Or do you have to login the details seperatly for each day, everyday? 

Best Answer
0 Votes