Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing after changing phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new phone and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to sync to my new phone. I have the app- I also tried to turn my blue tooth on and off. I’m not sure what to do. Please help! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

It should just be a case of downloading the fitbit app and logging on using your existing id and password.

However, not all phones are supported by fitbit. Have you checked your new phone at www.fitbit.com/devices ?

Do you still have your old phone? If so, check that it doesn't still have a connection to the fitbit in the bluetooth settings as this can block connection to your new phone.

Best Answer

It did have a connection to the old phone. I turned off data on it and turned off blue tooth but still cannot find my Fitbit in blue tooth on my new phone or get it to sync.

-Kaylee Layton

Best Answer

@Kaylee15 A warm welcome to our Community!!! You still don't mention which phone you are using or if it is a compatible one like @SteveH asked. Also you don't sync your tracker from the bluetooth area, all the syncing process is done through the app. Try restarting your phone then restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Make sure your tracker is charged, bluetooth and mobile data are on on your phone and if it is an Android device Location Services (GPS) should be on too and the app should have all the necessary permissions (Settings > Apps > Fitbit > Permissions). Go to the bluetooth settings area and remove all devices listed there. Finally go to the Fitbit app, when you open it it will try to sync with your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem with samsung S9+. I had HTC M7 before. What are the permissions that should be on besides location?

Best Answer
0 Votes