Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 notifications on/off continuously

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fitbit started doing things on it's own. It started turning notifications on and off again. Like every 30 seconds going back and forth. And last night it started a meditation. 

Is there an update that I missed. What's going on? This is using up battery in a huge way. And, super duper annoying because it vibrates every single time. Any wisdom?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
127 REPLIES 127

After a good few emails back and forward and a video showing the problem, or not as my Charge 2 had died completely by this time. Fitbit offered me 50% off a new one or a direct replacement of my Charge 2, I opted for the direct replacement and should have it tomorrow I hope.

Whilst being really annoying and I still think a product of this price should last longer than it has done, I must say that I'm quite happy with this, and looking forward to having it back on my wrist again.

Would I buy another Fitbit product in the future, from a support pov yes I would, but from a quality/lifespan pov I'm not so sure.

Best Answer

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome aboard @74starr and @blyons9960. Also, it's nice to see you again participating here in the forums  @fredletfox @Annie6a @DigitalLemming @freekeewinkie @Wiltshire_Andy.

I'm sorry to know that some of you are still experiencing inconveniences with this situation. For the new users that are participating here, I recommend to restart your Charge 2 devices following the steps from our help article: and let me know how it goes. If this doesn't resolve this situation, please get in touch with our Customer Support team for more information and details, and to receive further assistance.

Thanks for the patience and effort troubleshooting this, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No they won't replace it.  Out of warranty so 25% coupon is all they offered.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @mdcia welcome aboard and thanks for your post.

I appreciate the information that was shared with us. For a better understanding of your case outcome with our Customer Support team, I suggest you to check our warranty policies here because they refer to such information to move forward.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know. Already have been down that road with them.
But they really need to fix this as it it happening a lot with people.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @fredletfox, welcome back!

I appreciate your post and the feedback that was shared with us, take in consideration that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the information that was shared in your post is really helpful.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else. 

Best Answer

My Charge 2 started misbehaving yesterday. It actually woke me up at 4:00 am vibrating continuously. Cycling through all the screens, then alternating Notification on/off, and now it’s stuck on the heart rate screen, nudging in from the left side every second or so. Tried all the steps noted above in the thread with no success. Even updated the firmware on the watch to the latest update. 

Watch is charging normally. One time I removed the watch from the charge cable, it stayed on the full battery icon and wouldn’t function. 

Not too too happy about this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 started the notification on/off thing this morning. None of the solutions posted seem to fix the problem. Very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing with me. Though at 3am and I was hoping I could fix it with the
update. Disappointed that you’re didnt work, I don’t expect mine will but
I’ll try anyway.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit started doing this notification on and off constantly today. I find it interesting that it happened two days after I did the firmware upgrade. None of the steps in this thread helped at all. It's also interesting that it can still sync with my phone, and when charging the notification flipping stops, but as soon as I pull it off the charger it starts right back up. seems like it's bricked. Lasted 1 year and 9 months

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit. They will replace it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted them. Because it is 2-1/2 years old they say it is out of warranty. They offered 25% of another Fitbit except an Ace or Ace 2. 40% off a Versa mulberry. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh dear.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh deat, mine started this malarchy a week ago, curiously immediately after an update. I have tried the various options above and support offered me the 25% . Strange though with all thevpeople reporting thevproblem they do not seem to havevbeen briefed on it, are fitbit not interested in their products performance or reputation?

Some people say a total discharge can sort it so i might try putting it in the freezer, we shall see....

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is very sad that Fitbit doesn’t stand by their product. Mine has been sitting in a drawer since August. I wasn’t going to spend more money on another watch with such poor customer service. I gave them 4 to 5 opportunities through continued engagement with Fitbit but with no success other than getting pre-scripted responses. Unfortunate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my fitbit did exactly the same two days ago. I have tried all suggested fixes but with no success! It's really annoying. I have wasted a lot of time trying to fix this. My fitbit is 1 year and 10 months old and I had no problems with it till yesterday. Support would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t expect any help from Fitbit, they have no interest in fixing this and
will just suggest you buy another Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try contacting Fitbit as your device is under two years old and still in warranty

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting same issue but till now no solution for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I plugged my Charge 2 back in a few months ago, maybe 4 months after if stopped working. 

Guess what, it started working again after I charged it. I assume the dead battery solved the problem. 

it is now a few months later and it still works.

No thanks to Fitbit or their poor customer service.

Once it stops working again, I will do the same thing. If it doesn’t come back to life, in the trash it goes and my life with Fitbit with end. 

Best Answer
0 Votes