Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 setup difficulties

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting last Friday, my Charge HR 2 began loosing time and would not keep the correct time unless the app was open all the time.  Then it quit recording steps and heart right and would loose time even with app running in the background.  I have tried all trouble shooting tips to include the following - resetting the Charge HR 2 by holding the button in while it was connected to the charger.  Disconnecting all bluetooth devices from my iPhone 8 and restarting the phone and the device.  As a last ditch effort, I have deleted and reinstalled the app and reset the device and the bluetooth and the phone again.  Now the Charge HR 2 will not pair with my phone.  it produces the required code but when this code is entered the error message of "There was a problem communicating with your tracker. Please try again."  appears and it will never work.  I have had zero problems with this tracker over the last almost 2 years.  This problem did not develop until after the most recent update to the app.  It seems likely that recent issues users are experiencing may all be due to some system update perhaps?  This is my second fit bit device.  It is very frustrating and makes me hesitant to invest in any more Fitbit products in the future.  My friend recently purchased a new Garmin device and I may soon follow suit as it seems as though Fitbit has no solution to this issue. (from the information I've read through on the forum) Any assistance (that is not a directive to repeat troubleshooting steps for a 4th or 5th time)  would be greatly appreciated.  - Thank you      

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to my attention @Read4AppleWatch I'm happy to give you a warm welcome to our Community and help you out with your Charge 2. My apologies for the delayed reply.

First, I'd like to appreciate your time and patience troubleshooting this matter prior posting. 

If you haven't already done so, please check our help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and take in consideration all the information that is specified there. Setup difficulties after an update are usually occurred due to a missing requirement. Therefore, carefully review the requirements from such article and move on to the troubleshooting steps if needed. Even though you already tried some troubleshooting steps, I recommend you to try again after checking the requirements. 

I'll be here if you need anything else. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response - From the numerous posts of issues experienced by Charge HR 2 users in the last 2 weeks, it would be appropriate for Fitbit to simply acknowledge that the Charge 2 devices are now End of Life and that is the reason they will no longer work properly.  This would have saved me copious amounts of wasted time with trouble shooting and chatting with support when in truth, there was no solution as all Charge HR 2's will no longer work - I suspect firmware updates are no longer available as a means to push users into buying a new device.  A successful business model for sure, as it has worked well for Apple for years now.  I don't mind a company that does this, but I would appreciate just being told that upfront, instead of days of the support run around cycle.  Your customers are not stupid, please don't treat us as if we are.      

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @Read4AppleWatch thanks for your reply and update. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks for taking in consideration the troubleshooting steps that were suggested in my previous post, I'm glad to know that our Support team provided you with assistance regarding your Fitbit difficulties. Let me share with you that our Charge 2 model was discontinued to maintain our product line focused and because we released our Charge 3. However, thank you for taking the time to share with our Community your thoughts and feedback regarding your Fitbit device and the assistance received by our Support team, this information is helpful for us to improve our products and services.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes