Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 ships without dongle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the Charge 2 not ship with a dongle? Does the Charge 2 not need one or do I use the dongle from another Fitbit device? Or does a dongle have to be purchased separately?

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

costs 5 dollars us for one on ebay or 11 dollars for one on amazon.ca.  getting it from china is the same 6-8 weeks.  amazon probably a week.   it would've cost fitbit about .50 cents each to include them in the packaging.    i have no choice but to wait for it.  might have to borrows someone else's phone to sync it to my computer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Myself also. They told me in a couple of days because expediating. I'll
keep everyone up on it.

--
*This is not a dress rehearsal*
Best Answer

I have a friend that is down from up north.  He brought his dongle with him.  We are going to try setting it up.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Can't wait for my own to get here.

Best Answer

His dongle did set mine up but it keeps saying (even thought it has set up) that it cannot find the Charge 2.  Does one have to keep the dongle in?  He is going home tomorrow.

Best Answer

sounds like you need it all the time.  hope yours shows up on time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not all the time, only when you sync or want to track different kinds of
exercise. What I will do is to fit it in a usb in the back of my pc.

I did get it today instead of yesterday BUT it was broken so had to contact
support plus send them a picture of it. They have shipped another out to
me.

--
*This is not a dress rehearsal*
Best Answer

If they are not shipping with a dongle anymore then the setup instructions should not ask you to plug in the dongle.

Best Answer

What type of computer and version of OS

Best Answer
0 Votes

haven't been on the computer much with getting ready for christmas.   i got my dongle yesterday finally.  now to get a new computer as i sent my other one back.  i put the fitbit on my tablet but it takes up so much memory etc. that it won't load right now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I just got off the phone with the Fitbit company and they said it has to be a fit bit dongle, I just bought the fitbit charge 2 that does not come with a dongle, and I do not nknow why, and so had to buy a dongle, and my watch does not work..

Best Answer

rob7589don

if you complain they send you one for free, got mine on thursday.  There is no where on the box that tells you this product is not computer ready.  of course they are going to tell you that only their's works, they sell it for a fortune.   really the ones that are on amazon or ebay for the watch you own will work.  Some as cheap as 5.00us.  I'm sure if you ask sony if you have to buy their earbuds they will say yes even thought the dollar store ones will work.  Just like I buy batteries for my cannon camera off of ebay to cut out the middle man at 1/10 of the price.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Guy: Well I complained and did write , and call them, the telephone call
was a waste of my time, there operators are not very educated,

and no offense, can hardly speak English, and worse than that, they really
don't help you, at all, as it seems, they do not know what to say,

but they should, and if they do not know, then they should put someone else
on the line, but, they do not do that either.

anyway They said my dongle, that I have is not a fitbit dongle, and I said,
well, If I am supposed to use a fitbit dongle only, then why did you not
send me one?

Of course there was no response other than the obvious, two things, 1) I do
not have windows 10 or windows 8.1 plus I do not have a lap top, cell phone,
or a

tablet, also do not have bluetooth built into my computer, like a lot of
more modern computers do have, In either case they told me, I could not do
the watch/fitbit charge 2 set up,

because even though my computer says my dongle works fine, the Fitbit site,
when I start to set it up, says I do not have a dongle connected, so, it
does not let me go any further.

a real pain in the butt, I also probably did a crazy thing, I did go online,
and did purchase an actual blue tooth wireless dongle, so now, when I plug
that in, I told the person at Fitbit,

If my watch does not work then, I will certainly be calling them back and
even telling CTV, what a crock of bologna I have had to go through..

thanks for your reply, I much appreciate it.

hope you have a wonderful night.

and The best to you, and yours in 2017

Don Robinson

LOL
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rob7589don wrote:

a real pain in the butt, I also probably did a crazy thing, I did go online,
and did purchase an actual blue tooth wireless dongle, so now, when I plug
that in, I told the person at Fitbit,

If my watch does not work then, I will certainly be calling them back and
even telling CTV, what a crock of bologna I have had to go through..

That worked for me (purchasing a blue tooth dongle). But only in a Windows 10 setup (running the windows app). Pretty sure it won't work in a Windows 7 environment (that don't supports windows apps).

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer

WHY the hell is the dongle not shipped with the fitbit charge 2.  not everyone has MAC or windows 10?  If you are going to sell a product that is expensive put the parts in the box for god sakes!!! 

Best Answer

Because I was told the charge 2 is geared towards mobile phone users and then it doesn't need a dongle.   Their cost to include the dongle in the package about 50 cents.  Selling it to the consumer in the after market 24.99 plus shipping.   They wanted to make a small fortune off the rare user that would need the dongle in their minds.  Well the truth is a lot of people are buying the fitbit still to hook up to their computers.  I ended up hooking it up to my ipad to make it work.  The ipad is not a good idea as now it is useless as a tablet.  The app slowed it down to a crawl.  As soon as I get my new computer with bluetooth I will be putting it onto the computer too. With the cost of cell phone service in Canada I would hate to have this watch syncing constantly to my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to set up my charge 2 without a dongle on my PC. I currently only have Windows 8.1 and it won't allow me to complete the setup without the dongle. Do I HAVE to have windows 10 in order to set it up via Bluetooth?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you need a dongle, contact fitbit, there have been many posts saying that they where happy to send one out for the asking. 

To contact fitbit click on the "?" that's found in the tip right corner of this page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon has Dongles

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that it's disgusting that they automatically think that EVERYONE has a bang up to date laptop/pc with Windows 10. Or a bang up to date compatible phone or tablet.

Best Answer

I am in complete agreement with those complaining about the lack of a doggle included in the Charger 2 packaging.  While I understand these complaints probably do not receive the recognition they deserve, I am hoping someone in corporate hears the negative responses.  This is not about getting one sent for free, if requested.  This is about customer SERVICE and looking out for those who buy their products.  What a ridiculous oversight...and now instead of using my Fitbit today, as I had intended, I get to angrily pound out a response on this thread.  What a disappointment!

Best Answer